HA-1112 M-1L BUCHON***FINISHED 20/06/2021***

3 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

That's looking great Davey👍 

gives me a bit of confidence to attempt mine now. Thanks for the heads up regarding those rockets too.

Well done! 

3 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Cheers Greg

Thanks for all the kind comments, I'm pretty happy with the outcome, as usual not much in the way of weathering for me.

Greg, the rocket rails are very finely moulded and a couple were broken in places in the box, I just had to repair as I went along with liquid poly.  The rockets were superglued on, then carefully cut the rails off but I still managed to break a couple of the mounting brackets. They were then superglued on the wings where the points are clearly marked. Gel glue gives you a chance to manoeuvre the things into position 😉

Davey.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DaveyGair said:

Thanks for all the kind comments, I'm pretty happy with the outcome, as usual not much in the way of weathering for me.

Greg, the rocket rails are very finely moulded and a couple were broken in places in the box, I just had to repair as I went along with liquid poly.  The rockets were superglued on, then carefully cut the rails off but I still managed to break a couple of the mounting brackets. They were then superglued on the wings where the points are clearly marked. Gel glue gives you a chance to manoeuvre the things into position 😉

Davey.

It was good to see your example build up Davey. Very helpful for me when I get around to mine. 

Weathering is not mandatory, and is very much a matter of personal taste. I think your Buchon in looks great as it is. 

Cheers Greg 👍

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 6/20/2021 at 9:55 AM, DaveyGair said:

Thanks guys.

Here we are finished!  The first shot shows the final bits being painted before adding to the model.  The rocket rails were VERY fragile made worse by needing a fair bit of mould lines removing.  

DSC_0010 DSC_0011

I found it best to add the rockets to the rails before removing them from the sprue.

DSC_0012

..... and the final reveal!

Had a bit of a time putting those rocket rails on the model, getting a bit cack-handed as I get older, but they're on even if they aren't very straight!

Enjoyed building this, the main problem was the clean-up of mould marks from the small parts, very tedious.

See you in the Gallery.  I have four AZ Bf-109's in the stash but have a few GB's on the go so we'll see how I go with those before committing to another one on here.

Davey.

DSC_0013 DSC_0015

I'm building this kit now so I know how fiddly it is. Your version is a masterpiece, well done!