yellowjack gnat t.1

Hewy

I've  been a bit distracted of late, but hopfully i shall get a bit more modelling time for multiple builds  if i keep things  simple, and this gb fits the bill ,

I'll be building airfix's 72nd scale gnat t.1 in its yellowjacks boxing ,i had a large choice for this gb as i get cheapo stocking fillers at cristmas and birthdays from family members, so there maybe more  to come ,i aim to start it in the next day or so, I'm looking forward to seeing how glossy i can get it, a pic of the box 

Cheers all 

Glynn

YA7tlaR.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Glynn. Very yellow!! Welcome to the GB with a great choice of kit!! Great to have you here. :popcorn:

Now get back to the Pz.III GB and finish your Takom AusF.N by Sunday!! :whip: :fight:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this. 

1 hour ago, nimrod54 said:

can reccomend PINK as a good primer coat for under yellow, Glynn, but don't tell @Hockeyboy76.  :winkgrin: Good luck with this one mate.

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Now get back to the Pz.III GB and finish your Takom AusF.N by Sunday!! :whip: :fight:

Kind regards,&

John , H, has made clear on more than one occasion his love of a pink primer for yellow, it would be rude of me not to put it to the test on this occasion, stix i shall try pal👍

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Hewy said:

John , H, has made clear on more than one occasion his love of a pink primer for yellow,

Yeh, I know bud, and it is usually aimed in my direction. :lol:

• Haha 2

The great thing about under a tenner kits is that modern cheapos often build up quickly, as is the case here with the little gnat, 

A quick pic of the plastic

gMFXujj.jpg

The cockpit has had a blow over in black,and the blob,sorry pilot, has been er,well i had a try, painted

AnOKb2t.jpg

the wings went on no problem at all, and the canopy fits like a glove, i like it, nice kit this , it'll  be wheels up ,in flight with an acrillic rod poked up its pipe

X3WTksD.jpg

Primed and ready for its top coat, only @Hockeyboy76 can tell if its pink enough

KMqsoJw.jpg

Mrs hewy reckons i ought to leave it pink ,and glue a cork on its tail pipe and use it as a bottle stopper for her prosecco 

Shake the bottle and There she goes, 🤭

pJeee0R.jpg

Cheers all

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

28 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

That didn't take you long mate!

She looks very nice too, a nice hassle free well fitting kit by the looks of things.

No mate it really didn't, credit where its due to airfix ,its a nice kit craig, hassle free👍

• Like 1

Probably the best coverage of yellow  ever with the pink primer, you can see why H bangs on at us about it , the yellow has gone down beautifully, i used gloss mr hobby and laquer thinners, I've  made the base and I'm  gonna decal it later , a quick pic

L4yqzqT.jpg

• Like 10

On 02/06/2021 at 17:38, TonyOD said:

I think it looked mighty fine in au naturel pink. Why has there never been a pink aerobatics team? 🤔

It very likely currently at the planning stage, or maybe a rainbow 🌈 one !

• Haha 3

Welcome to the fold Brother @Hewy 

Now go forth and spread the word

“For the brightest of Yellows, Oranges and Reds,

prime first with Primer of Pink”

Pink is the word Brother

• Haha 2

Thanks fellas , especially H,good shout on the under coat, the little gnat is finished, a few pictures,

get your shades on , its loud

lKkZpSF.jpg

jj2F9eu.jpg

MjvC8QR.jpg

yfcxo5C.jpg

3hh7UsB.jpg

ydXtgCE.jpg

• Like 13

4 hours ago, George Norman said:

Cracking effort, you cant go wrong with these kits!

Thanks george, its been a while since i enjoyed building and painting any kit as much as this, I'll  definitely do a little more along these lines👍

2 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Great work Glynn. Another cracker heading to the display cabinet. 

Cheers H , its got it's  place on the small scale shelf, which is now getting a bit  fuller than the big stuffs zone to be honest 👍

• Haha 1