North-American P-51D Mustang - 1/72 Airfix

Hi,

Here is the last presented (and maybe the first finished) model built since the birth of my girl.

Not much to say about that model. It is a nice representation of a lovely aircraft.

Decals are from Lifelike.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Cheers,

Antoine

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 34

Lovely job! It's a pity you're shooting against the sun and the kit is very much in shadows in the photos as I think it deserves to be seen more clearly 😉!

Miguel

• Like 2

Hi ,

this is amazing! It is a very interesting story behind the plane and especially the pilot  „Wild Bill Crump“!  He smuggled a little coyote from the states to Britain, wich flew some missions with him. Unfortunately the little coyote called „Jeep“ died on the airfield rolled over by a truck. He was buried the with all military honors. The grave is still there until today. 
Btw.... how did the small decals work on the spinner cone. I start to build this one in 1/48.

thx for sharing 

Andy

• Like 3

Very neat Mustang, and I haven't seen that nose decoration before. Very cool.

A minor nitpick: the panel joints on the the wing should properly be filled, sanded down and the whole wing painted silver dope. That's what they did IRL to improve the performance of the laminar wing profile…

Beautiful and original model, and thank you Andy Dyck for the tragicomic story of the coyote!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your comments and for the story.

The decals worked just fine and react well to microsol/set (always stumble to remember which one is the red one).

I applied all four circles at the same hence ensuring they were all parallel. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AntoineG said:

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your comments and for the story.

The decals worked just fine and react well to microsol/set (always stumble to remember which one is the red one).

I applied all four circles at the same hence ensuring they were all parallel. 

Thank you very much!

• Like 1