Why do I not learn (part deux)? Bf109.........T-2

Tonight's mini-progress report:

Main decals are on.  They're by Cartograf, so are far and away the best bits of the kit.  In fact, I shall keep the remaining Balkankreutzen for another project as they're too good to just chuck in a box and forget.  My chosen method is to apply the main decals and then leave the stencilling for a day or two to let the bigger ones settle, so that "joy" is yet to come.  The canopy is also painted and on, and under the masking there's a pilot (who had quite a serious amount of surgery to get him to fit, I have to say).  I've just applied Micro-Sol in the picture below, so the decals might look a bit ragged.

It's coming onto the home straight now, so I'd better hurry up and find those damned stands, really.

spacer.png

• Like 10

Okay, going to call this one done.  There are things I would do (will do) differently next time but overall I'm quite pleased with it.  One thing that irks me is that there's no aerial mast on the tail and I didn't notice this before painting, hence not having scratched one up and why there's no aerial wire.  RFI and post in the GB gallery to follow.

spacer.png

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Looking real good sir, I hope to build one some day and maybe it will look this good. 

Thanks Dennis; I'm going to do another at some point, I think.  I like the look of the new A & A kit, so I might give one of those a try.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Col. said:

Nice result :goodjob:

Cheers Col, that.s kind of you.

5 hours ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

Your airbrushing skills have developed impressively fast

A curious mix of serendipity and necessity above anything else!