1/48 Tamiya Mosquito FB Mk VI - Israeli Air Force

So here's one you don't see everyday. Surplus Mosquito FB Mk IV which was removed from service just about as fast as it entered it in the early to mid 1950's. In fact, I believe only Hasegawa released a kit with these markings back in '04. This kit is based off of those markings which saw action in the Sinai campaign before being retired fully in 1957. An example of the early IAF taking whatever aircraft any country was willing to sell.

Everything was built out of box with the markings being painted on - no decals. I also custom printed/cut the canopy mask. Overall a fantastic kit with very few fit issues which is standard Tamiya fare. The landing gear was a real process being almost a dozen parts for each side but it fits well and builds nicely. One thing to keep an eye on is just how freaking BIG the wingspan is - be sure you have room on the shelf.

You can view the full workup plus others on my website FoxTwoModels.com

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 36
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 28ZComeback said:

I like the build and finish. Really nice restrained weathering. 

Thanks, finding reference photos was near impossible. The ones I did find showed restrained weathering on that speed silver paint job (because the mosquito was wooden not bare metal!)

Very nice indeed. I did this Tamiya kit recently but in oob . It's one of the best engineered kits I've done recently in my opinion. I didn't have to even use any filler around the wing roots!

im a real fan of restrained weathering too. You've done the weathering very well indeed!well done. Thanks for showing this. Great stuff!

regards, Andy