Tempest II to fly soon

Graham T

After all we've heard about the Centaurus and the last Sea Fury prang, that's remarkably brave.  Still, better that than some American lump - I might finally get to hear a Centaurus in action.

On 5/24/2021 at 9:21 PM, Graham Boak said:

The last Sea Fury prang wasn't a Centaurus.

And the one before that neither.

On 5/24/2021 at 8:21 PM, Graham Boak said:

The last Sea Fury prang wasn't a Centaurus.

I was under the impression that the Navy Wings Sea Fury T20 was Centaurus powered and that the ex TFC T20 was P&W powered

Stay safe             Roger

The last posting I saw, after some ill-informed criticism of the Centaurus, stated that the most recent Sea Fury crash was of a P&W-engined-example.  This was not denied, so I assumed it was correct.  Is this not so?

1 hour ago, Graham Boak said:

The last posting I saw, after some ill-informed criticism of the Centaurus, stated that the most recent Sea Fury crash was of a P&W-engined-example.  This was not denied, so I assumed it was correct.  Is this not so?

No, the DUX example was P&W, the RNHF/Fly Navy ones(s) are original and Centaurus equipped.

• Like 1

The only other Tempest, in the UK at least, is in the RAF Museum. I can’t think of any either more (apart from a Mk.V in the USA? which might fly one day, although someone might be able to correct me on this).

2 minutes ago, Don149 said:

I wonder what happened to the Tempest II which was at Duxford many years back ? . That one looked complete .

Duxford have had two, LA607 (the second prototype) which was sold to the States in 1983, and PR536 that was move to Hendon in 1991 and now lives at Cosford