Monogram Porsche 904 GTS 1/24

The last thing for me to do was to replace the ‘Porsche’ and ‘Carrera GTS’ lettering. I had previously removed the moulded in badges to help with the body prep, so I needed to find an alternative.

I ordered some chrome metal self adhesive decals from Globaltoy on eBay. Unfortunately these were only available for the closer spaced Porsche script with the letters contacted with a line running through the bottom of each.

31A665B1-A7D1-4FC7-A2AA-B2995FD84C30

I decided to carefully separate each of the letters with a scalpel blade, which came out ok. It looks better to the naked eye than this close up shot suggests. With each letter being a little over 1mm high at this scale, it’s about the best I could manage with my middle aged eyesight!

411ACC81-45FB-48F5-B459-462474278DD2

I found a PE set for the Tamiya Carrera GT that included an etched ‘Carrera GT’ badge. This just left me needing an ‘S’ which I made from some 0.2mm lead wire that I shaped around a couple of pins and flattened with some pliers.

4D49837F-58A9-4FA7-ACBE-FD2D21381632

The Carrera GTS badge has been painted gold and is now drying before being cut out and attached. That’ll be this one complete. Ready for Inspection post incoming as soon as I can get some decent pictures…

Edited by Ruston
  • Like 9