Hi,

Yes, I'm going to try to make another Skyhawk in this GB.

I was hoping to build an A-4C for this GB, aiming for an option on the new Bullseye models sheet. But that sheet isn't here yet. I do have the decals for a VA-66 A-4C that I've always wanted.

bUkYJYM.jpg

Cheers, Stefan.

• Like 2

Thanks,

They have both been in my stash for a while and both were bought for normal prices. The A-4E was bought second-hand and the box still has the price stickers from the original shop. One in Belgian Francs and the other in Euro's. This was only being done in 2002 when the Euro was new. Sticker price 32 Euro's, second hand 20 Euro's I believe.

I remember that the seller also had a C-model for that price, but I declined because I already had this one.:doh:

Cheers, Stefan.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stefan Buysse said:

I remember that the seller also had a C-model for that price, but I declined because I already had this one.:doh:

Ah yes, if only we had a time machine so that we could go back and buy all the bargains that we left behind at the time and have regretted ever since!

• Like 2

On 5/24/2021 at 8:45 PM, Fabrice Simon said:

two hasegawa scooters to be assembled in 15 days, what a challenge! 😅

I take a seat

Thanks for looking, Fabrice.

At least it's not "two Hasegawa Tomcats". 

"Assembled" is the right word...these are going to be simple builds, nothing like your superb A-4M. 

I had a look at correcting the step on the wing where the slats go. I quickly came to the conclusion that I was going to ignore the problem as my efforts were well on the way of ruining the wing.

The A-4E is going to get a Phase Hangar Resin 400 gallon droptank on the centerline pylon and the A-4C will get 2 Hasegawa tanks on the wing pylons.

Cheers, Stefan.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Still a bit of work to do, but definitely feasible before sunday night.

The wheels and slats have been painted.

This one will not have any ordnance. I'm pretty sure that the decals portray her at the end of the cruise...the blue name plates with a bomb above them include a final mission tally for two pilots.

Lt Dan Lewis is on the port side with 92 missions and Lt jg Rick Miller is on the starboard side with 82 missions.

WaNdKV3.jpg

Cheers, Stefan.

• Like 2

Hi,

Thanks for running this one, Craig.

I saw that you were off to bed before this one was posted to the gallery. I'm sure you can use a well-earned good night's sleep after running a GB.

The A-4C is the only one of my entries that makes it to the gallery.

I enjoyed building them all and I plan to finish the others in the next couple of weeks.

Here's the A-4C. Some things went very satisfactorly, like the decal for the tailhook settled down really well and I succeeded in colouring that black area on the nose quite well. Others were not that good, the clear parts didn't go that well. 

I hope to build many more Hasegawa Skyhawks.

DoxOSpu.jpg

Cheers, Stefan.

• Like 1

Well I think that you did extremely well to get any of your builds finished in time Stefan and your C looks really good.

It is a nice and colourful scheme isn't it.

Thanks for having taken part in the GB and for working so hard to get your builds across the line, and for having completed such a great model.

Very well done.

• Like 1