ALL THE BEASTS, HAIL TO THE KING...TIGER! (KINTIGER HENSCHEL TURRET 1/35 ZVEZDA)

Hi Pals,

For this occasion, something different, "the opposite side of the cannon", something with a Germanic flavor (more Soviet armor will arrive for lovers of them).

It is the Tiger II, perhaps together with the Tiger I, the most iconic armored vehicle in the German arsenal, if not the entire IIWW, IMHO ...

To try to represent him, I have assembled and finished the kit offered by Zvezda in its Henschel version.
The kit is quite complete, just see the box that contains it, which is immense.

I do not remember great difficulties for its assembly, the instructions in general are good and the fit as well.
It includes some interior parts in the turret, rather the barrel, but they are very basic, so I have not spent too much time, rather to try to make interiors, for more complex kits than if they include detailed interiors, for later.

I have included the tow cables made with twisted copper wire, as the kit includes a thread, very little showy ...
A metallic ABER antenna for the end, a spare MG34, a metal frontal machine gun and some helmets.

The painting has been a bit challenging, as it is my first tritone camo, and I have tried many tones until I found the one that made me feel most comfortable, so I have had to clean at least 3 times ... a very boring and annoying process ... at least I didn't have to throw it away ... lol

Once "the balance" was found, the weathering process began, with oils basically, and acrylics for the chips. A little vegetation in spots and especially on the inner sides, and some mud at the bottom of the hull, nothing too intense.

I think the result is very close to what I like to see in other models, only to improve for the next ...

Thanks for watch and comment as always.

Cheers and TC
Francis.😄

YhzuVqk.jpg

B5t3pL1.jpg

6nuH9nt.jpg

Cvsh8kA.jpg

umIKjzi.jpg

OTNq7yw.jpg

aRzB6L5.jpg

APtwOVf.jpg

2sCwccK.jpg

XpUh8Su.jpg

vbEOny2.jpg

ePBpch5.jpg

yYA8HvW.jpg

1cPamKU.jpg

Mem54EX.jpg

Ees5uf8.jpg

PsBFjJQ.jpg

BAv3Ctd.jpg

BLACK BACKGROUND

cR30nbp.jpg

z030zw6.jpg

zQJpFy2.jpg

KcDleE8.jpg

XwCGgrC.jpg

T6pkmw2.jpg

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 54
  • Thanks 1

Stunning work Francis, this is probably one of the best models in an already very impressive collection. I really like your choice of colours, the vibrancy of the green and red brown tones and the somewhat faded dunkelgelb. Weathering is especially spot on and chipping is just awesome. Great choice to have black and white backgrounds, it really affects the colour perception. And yes, the FrancisGl signature vegetation👍.

I really wish I had as much time for modelling as last year, struggling to find some time. All my projects move at a slow pace.

Awesome work,

Cheers mate,

Ernst.

• Thanks 1

Hi Francis. As always, it's a real pleasure to see one of your fantastic builds in the RFI section. And your Kingtiger does not dissapoint at all!! Superbly impressive, build, finishing and weathering. Awesome modelling all round! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

On 24/05/2021 at 19:19, vytautas said:

Very impressive job, really. Especially weathering, overall looking very natural.

As I understand it, this is a repackaged model of the Dragon?

Vytautas

Hi Vytautas,

Many thanks for your like and knd words, i'm glad youlike it.

Well, I'm sorry, but I don't know, if I help you, this kit is specifically the Zvezda item3601.
I think it is a mold that is a few years old, and there is possibly something better today, although it has a reasonable price, and can be easily improved by someone with your skill.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

Edited by FrancisGL
Don't actualice in section RTI---?
  • Like 2

On 24/05/2021 at 23:25, Reforgermodeller said:

Wow, very very well done. Fantastic Paintjob an weathering, that Tiger looks like the real thing, very cool

Cheers

Uwe

Hi Uwe,

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it. 

That it looks like a real one, I'm really happy, I think it's the maximum a finished kit can aspire to, if it looks like one of the "big ones", then you've done something right ... lol.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

On 25/05/2021 at 13:40, Muchmirth said:

Very nice work, the weathering and colours are fantastic, especially like the rusted exhaust and black marks ring like marks on the gun. What fantastic techniques!!! 

HI Muchmirth,

Many thanks for your like and and enthusiastic comments, you're very kind.

The black marks that you comment on the barrel tube, possibly are an optical effect of the photograph, they are really white marks of a decal of the kit, although they could well be white on black, it would be enough to paint black before the piece where the decal would go with white rings, and so we would have alternating black and white rings ... lol.

If you have any questions about the techniques used, do not hesitate to ask, I will try to clarify them.
It is a shame that I lost all the photos of my WIP of the last models that I am publishing in RTI ...

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

On 25/05/2021 at 14:59, Bullbasket said:

Very nicely done Francis. The weathering is excellent. Up to your usual standards.

John.

Hi John,

Many thanks for your like and kind words, i'm glad you like it.

I imagine that like everyone else, practice makes perfect ... little by little ... lol
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Like 1

That is a fantastic piece of work Francis!

Weathering ,chipping and filth brilliant, I keep going back to look again at wot you've achieved 

Well Done 

Keith

• Thanks 1