PZL P.24G - Royal Greek Air Force - IBG 1/72

I finished this kit today. It is easy to built, fits well. For plane I choose some points are important, spider emblem is yellow, IBG give us one yellow and one red (in the past it is red on all drawings I know, but look at pictures, looks brighter then red), Greek modellers reported that emblem is on both sides of fuselage. Second point is that P.24 have no glass in first segment of the moving part of canopy. The third point is an element of unknown purpose in the rear of the cabin, visible only on Greek P.24. I made it from a strip of photo-etched sheet.
For painting, I used RAF colours Dark Green, Dark Earth and Sky Blue (in this case RLM78 match good). Afterwords I think it will be better to use Light Earth instead of Dark Earth.
IMG-9324.jpg
IMG-9326.jpg
IMG-9328.jpg
IMG-9329.jpg

• Like 43

38 minutes ago, hadzi said:

I finished this kit today. It is easy to built, fits well. For plane I choose some points are important, spider emblem is yellow, IBG give us one yellow and one red (in the past it is red on all drawings I know, but look at pictures, looks brighter then red), Greek modellers reported that emblem is on both sides of fuselage. Second point is that P.24 have no glass in first segment of the moving part of canopy. The third point is an element of unknown purpose in the rear of the cabin, visible only on Greek P.24. I made it from a strip of photo-etched sheet.
For painting, I used RAF colours Dark Green, Dark Earth and Sky Blue (in this case RLM78 match good). Afterwords I think it will be better to use Light Earth instead of Dark Earth.
IMG-9324.jpg
IMG-9326.jpg
IMG-9328.jpg
IMG-9329.jpg

Really nice!

• Thanks 1

Lovely, clean build.  Looks a nice model and one I will obtain sometime soon along with other early war fighters of nations other than British, American and German origin.

:goodjob:

Davey.

• Thanks 1

Besides being precisely built your models really stand out due to the immaculate paint jobs on everyone of them,
You also always chose the right amount of sheen instead of painting too matte.

Excellent !!!

• Thanks 1

This wonderful model reminds me of Lieutenant Marinos Mitraleksis:

12345+%2528316%2529.jpg

When Italian bombers attacked Thessaloniki on 2 November 1940, Greek PZL fighters shot down five of them.

Piloting one of the PZL:s, Lt Mitraleksis was pursuing a straggler, only to find that he had already used upp all his ammo. Unfazed, he caught up with his prey and chewed up its tail with his propeller.

The Italian crew managed to parachute from their crippled bomber, but Lt Mitraleksis promptly landed his PZL close to their LZ, drew his service revolver and proceeded to take the four crew members prisoners. That's the spirit!

The dramatic model diorama above is in the Hellenic Air Force Museum in Athens – well worth a visit!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 5