The Production line. All sixteen done

On 8/3/2021 at 10:00 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Can I just ask you a serious question good sir ? Have you gone mad … 16 ? Holy Crikey thats a lot of Messerschmitt’s ! 😉

Nope, He just got a CCite....

There are no cure...No remedy... And definitely no vaccine :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

It just left one thing to do, Have a beer and buy another model....

Sooooo sorry !!

Well done my friend !! Now you deserve the title of Marklo, Earl of Regensburg....😇

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Have a beer and buy another model....

Personally I favour a full bodied red wine. But I’m not against the odd Erdinger and of course anything Belgian usually tastes good too.

Edited by Marklo
  • Thanks 1

Not a lot of progress to report today as my ME has gotten the better of me after a hectic week.

The G2 now has its parasol brackets and trop filter and is ready for primer, as is the TL Jaeger, the Avia just needs some seatbelts and a canopy and it’s there too.

I’m working away on the decals for V1 and the Swiss G ( along with the RAF Typhoon)

The Buchon nearly had a new nose and in a serendipitously it turns out that the kit scheme for the G14 is the one I had planned to do before I bought the kit.

Might not make the target of all 15(16?) ready for primer by the weekend but I should have a hood few there and certainly all primer ready by the end of next week.

Edited by Marklo

resized_bfebfebd-c5e3-42a8-8a1a-7f9902a316 props assembled and ready for fettling and paint. I need to make one for the Buchon and V1 and of course the TL Kaeger doesn’t need one so one or two spares.

I’m going to try to finish the RAF typhoon this week but otherwise the emergency fighter program kicks in and I’m only going to work on the 109s :)  With the goal being to get everything primed by the end of the week and maybe started on the camo.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 4

resized_9133e828-34bd-4ac0-92ef-8e072eb6The primer shelf gets a little more crowded. The other two Airfix Es and the three Revell G10s are also pretty close.

resized_28d67a2d-2252-4878-acb8-16685c9bFifteen propellors painted in German gray. Two spares as the TL Jaeger doesn’t need one and V1 and the Buchon will need custom props, two and four blades respectively.

8933a3f7-33ee-42cc-bad8-e17a9ade5905.jpe

Fifteen sets of wheel covers ( damn you carpet monster) ready for paint and hoping number sixteen will turn up before I need to scratch a set.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

I hope that you mean RLM 70 Black Green for the props and black for the spinners.

Probably, but  but we shall see, as very few of them are Luftwaffe schemes they may ( or may not) be different colours. The German grey makes for a nice base coat.

Edited by Marklo
  • Confused 1

The Plan:

1. Bumps, bulges and fairings

2. Pre shade

3. All the undersides 65/76/78 and V1

4. White/Red/Yellow

5. first camo colour 02/71/74/79/81 dark earth and the SCW E

6. Mask for second camo colour 

7. Second camo colour 70/75/82 black dark green

8. Dark blue in the Buchon

9. undercarriages

10. Paint the props

11. paint the wheels

12. lots and lots of decals

13. mass balances, pitot tubes antennae

14. Rf wires

And done , simples ehhh….

• Haha 2

Seriously, this is something I always wanted to do with 8th AF P-47s or P-51s. All of the colour schemes on a fairly simple to build aircraft. I think it will be quite impressive when it's done provided that quality isn't sacrificed too much to quantity, which would have been my downfall.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

What on Earth or off it, is that Pink Thing in the background?

It’s a Handley page Ho O/400 that was converted to an airliner. Almost finished I thought the pink scheme was so much nicer than PC10

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

The old Airfix kit?

Yes

With my WIP shelf do full it is beginning to encroach on my (small) shelf of doom amongst which the most prominent is the pink thing, which just needs rigging and done minor assembly to be finished. Probably fodder for the next KUTA GB if it happens.