A-4E of VA-46 on the Forrestal

Hi,

A bit late, but I'd like to join in with this 1/48 Hasegawa A-4E. I do have some time off between now and the 6th of June, so there's a chance I might finish in time.

It's a subject that I have wanted to build for quite a while...a VA-46 Skyhawk using the Victory Productions sheet. This one (BuNo150118) was lost in the Forrestal fire.

re8oKem.jpg

Cheers, Stefan.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Stefan Buysse said:

A bit late

I think that may be the understatement of the GB!

You are more than welcome to join in and having the sheet that you are going to use I know the option you are going for which is a good one.

I wish you good luck with this one (and your A-4C) and look forward to watching your progress.

• Like 1

Ooooh a Clansmen build, will it be McCain’s A-4 ? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain

For what its worth I was on USS Forrestal in 1990 for a week. I was part of a group of civilians allowed to take a week at sea on board. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ooooh a Clansmen build, will it be McCain’s A-4 ? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain

For what its worth I was on USS Forrestal in 1990 for a week. I was part of a group of civilians allowed to take a week at sea on board. 

Hi,

The decal instructions don't say if BuNo150118 was the Skyhawk that Mc Cain was in, just that it was one of the 11 Skyhawks of VA-46 and VA-106 that were destroyed.

A week on the Forrestal...cool.

My own connections with the Forrestal are that the first F-14 I ever saw came from the Forrestal.

And that an old friend of mine (no longer with us) was aboard during the early 1960's. He was an ex-Air Force guy working in the South of France, still keen on aeroplanes. I have a cool picture of him sitting among the VF-74 crews in their ready room. At first glance it's simply "VF-74 in their ready room", but then I recognised a much younger version of his face among them.  

Cheers, Stefan.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stefan Buysse said:

Hi,

The decal instructions don't say if BuNo150118 was the Skyhawk that Mc Cain was in, just that it was one of the 11 Skyhawks of VA-46 and VA-106 that were destroyed.

A week on the Forrestal...cool.

My own connections with the Forrestal are that the first F-14 I ever saw came from the Forrestal.

And that an old friend of mine (no longer with us) was aboard during the early 1960's. He was an ex-Air Force guy working in the South of France, still keen on aeroplanes. I have a cool picture of him sitting among the VF-74 crews in their ready room. At first glance it's simply "VF-74 in their ready room", but then I recognised a much younger version of his face among them.  

Cheers, Stefan.

Im a big Be-Deviler’s fan as well. If I can help with anything let me know. 

Hi,

Today, I sprayed the red for my 3 Skyhawks and worked on the droptanks a bit.

They will be 3 different Skyhawk models (A C, an E and an F) and they will have 3 different droptank configurations.

The single 400 gallon tank is for the E, the finned 300 gallon tanks for the C and the unfinned 300 gallon tanks for the F.

Blne88v.jpg

Cheers, Stefan.

• Like 2