Airfix Typhoon & Fw-190 Dogfight Double

All, here is my 1st Ready for Inspection blog--Johnny @The Spadgent got me thinking this would be a good idea.  For the forum's consideration I offer up Airfix's Typhoon 1B/Fw-190 Dog Fight Double consisting of Stapleton's Typhoon Mk1B and Priller's Fw-190--almost all kit markings.  Special thanks goes out to @G.R.Morrison & @Chris Thomas along with many others from the forum who provided research info on the subjects in the discussions linked below:

I would be remiss not thanking @giemme, @The Spadgent@billn53, @RidgeRunner & @opus999  You guys have been helping me improve for years!  Thank you so much--for me you have turned 1/72 scale from outline builds to an art that is fun to build and look at.  Tracking all of your awesome builds is both a treat and jaw dropping--I hope you see I am catching up😎. Here are the build links:

And now on to the photos--Best to all, Erwin

DSCN3244 DSCN3245 DSCN3247 DSCN3248 DSCN3249 DSCN3250

DSCN3246

Edited by VT Red Sox Fan
link
  • Like 50
  • Thanks 1

Both beautiful models, Erwin :clap: The Typhoon to me has a slight edge over the FW👍 Still, you managed mottling in 1/72, and that's quite an accomplishment! :worthy:

Ciao

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2021 at 7:52 AM, giemme said:

Both beautiful models, Erwin :clap: The Typhoon to me has a slight edge over the FW👍 Still, you managed mottling in 1/72, and that's quite an accomplishment! :worthy:

Ciao

Thanks G--I think your correct, I am looking forward to another mottling build armed with the preshading you and Johny @The Spadgent helped me learn--thank you so much--best, Erwin

• Like 1

On 5/28/2021 at 5:04 AM, The Spadgent said:

What a lovely pair. ❤️ Spot on sir. Glad you did the RFI to showcase these two stunners. 👏👏👏👏

Johnny

Thanks Johnny, much appreciated coming from you--Best, Erwin