F-104G Start Carts

bar side

Hi

just wondering what you would see next to an F-104 for a GPU.  Video Aviation have a nice one for an Italian Starfighter

https://www.videoaviation.com/product/1-48-f-104-starter-set/

But what about German, Dutch or Danish?  I have just built a Dutch one  wondered what would be at Volkel?  Maybe the standard US GPU as per the Hasegawa set?

Thanks in anticipation of any answers!

That’s interesting @Creepy Pete.  Not like the Italian one either.  CR tailcode - is that Soesterberg?  I think it might be worth an email to him about that 3D print if I can figure out how to contact him

I thought the name looked familiar.  No doubt Rob will be along soon.  That’s a very practical German start cart.   I guess that’s the early model Unimog that Corgi did in 1/40 something scale.  This is an interesting subject!  Not one I had previously given a lot of thought too 

Rob here, The starter cart I'm building is unique to the RNLAF as far as I know. On that Volkel flightline shown earlier, the second cart was used for electricty. It was slightly larger, slightly boxier. Later that flightline was fitted with fixed stations for electricity.

The 3D design is basically done, but the 3D printing is progressing very slowly. The parts are very small and (too) delicate, and the printing support are too numerous and leave too much damage on the parts. The plan is to convert the 3D printed parts in normal resin castings, to get rid of the very brittle printing resin and the small printing steps. It will take some more time.

rf104-32.jpg

Rob

• Like 3

Hi @Rob de Bie the plan sounds good.  I am really looking at 1/48 so no doubt your plans could scale up & might be easier to work with.  Let me know if you get in to taking orders!

I do like the Italian cart, but not sure if that strayed far beyond Italy.  Otherwise she may have to be a visitor to Soesterberg or Bitburg hooked up to a US GPU.  The Palouse could be an option too @Sabrejet

2 minutes ago, Rob de Bie said:

If the project works out in 1/72, I will probably do it in 1/48 scale too. But there's no time plan 🙂

Rob

I have many project s like that!😁