3D Print Aircraft Crew Ladders

xvtonker

9 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Ooooh that's beautiful!

How nice would a couple of ladders be for a Brit Spey Toom....:winkgrin:...one can dream.  Beautiful work I must say!

Working on them as we speak...😂🤣

John

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, xvtonker said:

Working on them as we speak...😂🤣

John

You're my hero!

I will definitely take a set for my Brit Phantom conversion, your printing is exquisite, you are very talented indeed

Thanks so much John!

• 1 month later...
  • xvtonker changed the title to 3D Print Aircraft Crew Ladders
  • 1 month later...

A couple of new additions to the ladder portfolio.

1. TSR.2 in 1/72 and 1/48 scale

TSR2 #2

TSR2 #6

TSR2 #5

2. Supermarine Swift in 1/72

Swift #1

Examples of the crew ladder in use

swift 006

For all of you RAF Phantom followers, I'll be starting on crew ladder sets in 1/32, 1/48 & 1/72 very shortly.

XVTonker 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, xvtonker said:

A couple of new additions to the ladder portfolio.

1. TSR.2 in 1/72 and 1/48 scale

TSR2 #2

TSR2 #6

TSR2 #5

2. Supermarine Swift in 1/72

Swift #1

Examples of the crew ladder in use

swift 006

For all of you RAF Phantom followers, I'll be starting on crew ladder sets in 1/32, 1/48 & 1/72 very shortly.

XVTonker 

They are absolutely beautiful!

I couldnt click the link quick enough...in case it was the Phantom LOL

Keep up the great work sir!

Cheers Anthony

• 2 months later...

Latest update. final 1/48 3D models for the Phantom crew ladders are complete. Next is to do trial prints and check their fit against F-4 models and then rescale to 1/72 & 1/32.

Two sets will be available. Set 1 will comprise of ladders for the Phantom FGR.2, and typically used in RAFG in the 1970's. The second set will be for USAF F-4's which had the tubular front cockpit ladder. This was also used on UK based FGR.2's and FG.1's but there are also some pictures of them being used on 2 Sqn (AC) FGR'2's.

Here are some renditions of the ladders:

1.Rear ladder 2.Front ladder_FGR2 #1 3.Front ladder_FGR2 #2

4.Front ladder_USAF #1

5.Front ladder_USAF #2

Cheers for now

XVTonker :pilot:

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2021 at 10:16 AM, FalkeEins said:

excellent  - how do we buy?  Gonna be a bit fragile in the post perhaps

As soon as I have sorted out the printing I will post on the online bidding shop 😁

I also intend to post the details of the British Phantom Appreciation Group as they very kindly got me free access to the ladders on their FGR.2 front fuselage display at the Newark Air Museum.

Ladders are shipped in bubble wrap and cardboard boxes. I've only had one ladder damaged in the post and that was when it looked like Royal Mail had dropped kicked and then stood on the box...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, xvtonker said:

As soon as I have sorted out the printing I will post on the online bidding shop 😁

I also intend to post the details of the British Phantom Appreciation Group as they very kindly got me free access to the ladders on their FGR.2 front fuselage display at the Newark Air Museum.

Ladders are shipped in bubble wrap and cardboard boxes. I've only had one ladder damaged in the post and that was when it looked like Royal Mail had dropped kicked and then stood on the box...

This is such great news!  I reckon these will do well.  I for one are grateful for the 32nd version...you have no idea how much.

The Brit Phantom Appreciation Group are such a great bunch of guys, and super helpful.  Some interesting stuff on there thats for sure

Cheers and thanks again

Anthony

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2021 at 6:14 PM, Anthony in NZ said:

This is such great news!  I reckon these will do well.  I for one are grateful for the 32nd version...you have no idea how much.

The Brit Phantom Appreciation Group are such a great bunch of guys, and super helpful.  Some interesting stuff on there thats for sure

Cheers and thanks again

Anthony

Drop me a PM, I might have some news for you.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well after much teeth gnashing and pulling of hair I've no finally managed to achieve great print results for the 1/48 Phantom FGR.2/FG.1 ladders.

I've produced two sets, both sets include the standard navigators ladder but set #1 contains the style of pilots ladder used mainly in RAF Germany in the 70's and set #2 includes the typical USAF type pilots ladder.

Set #1

#1 #1a #1b #1c

Set #2

#2c

#2a

#2b

Please note that the front ladder in the above shot isn't bent....it's the camera!!

I'm in the process of printing test samples of a 1/32 version of the USAF style front ladder and should have some pictures ready by the weekend.

I have to say a special thanks to Paul Wright of the British Phantom Appreciation Group for letting me crawl all over their ladders at the Newark Air Museum and to the museum, especially Steve Atwell for giving me access to the exhibits and giving me a personal tour of the museum.

Prices for the 1/48 sets will be £14.95 each including UK P&P and £10.95 including UK P&P for the 1/32 USAF style front ladder.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2022 at 7:58 PM, Anthony in NZ said:

One word....Stunning!

Sitting on my 1/32 RAF FG.1 conversion.  A must have!

NRW0su.jpg

c1B57O.jpg

QlCpod.jpg

VknY7j.jpg

And often just seen with rear one fitted

yVuSzk.jpg

Thank you so much for producing these!

Sincerely Anthony

My pleasure Anthony

XVTonker

• Like 1

Latest release is an updated crew ladder for the RAF Jaguar GR & T series.

Available in 1/32, 1/48 & 1/72 scales

Jaguar ladders

I also plan to release a crew ladder for the French variants in the coming weeks.

XVTonker

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I've been busy over the past few months designing and adding new ladders to the collection in 1/72, 1/48 & 1/32 scales. New additions include:

Armeé de l'Air Sepecat Jaguar

Armee del'Air #1

Supermarine Scimitar

Scimitar 1-72 colour #1

DH Sea Venom

Sea Venom #2

DH Sea Vixen

Sea Vixen #1-48

Future work will include Tornado GR.4/Typhoon, RA-5C Vigilante, HS Harrier (RAF & RN versions), BAe Hawk

XVtonker :pilot:

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Here are the latest additions to the growing range of crew ladders.

HS Harrier GR.3 & T.2/T.4 ladders & Tornado GR.4/early Typhoon crew steps.

Currently in 1/72 scale but I'm working on 1/48 and 1/32 scales and maybe 1/24 for the Harrier.

Note that the front ladder upper handhold is on the wrong side, this has been rectified and is now on the left hand side on the production ladders.

The ladders should be available from Air Graphics within a couple of weeks.

53334823237_f2850cfab6_n.jpg 53334823247_4cd21e53fb_w.jpg

• Like 1