Weekend Warrior Harvard - 500Sqn RAuxAF, 1952

Wez

I'm so pleased that the Special Hobby version of the Academy Texan has made it to these shores as it finally will allow me to build a subject I've been wanting to build for over 40 years!

My subject will be Harvard T.2B FX432/R of 500 Sqn RAuxAF stationed at RAF West Malling in 1952.

The amount of times I've biffed up the Heller kit trying to convert the Texan into the longer canopied Harvard IIB/2B are legion, hopefully now, with this kit I can do it justice.

So here's the kit...

IMG_20210523_144040

...and here's the decals, which I first bought when I was 15, a mere 41 years ago...

IMG_20210523_144106

Now this kit has arrived I'm hoping it will give my mojo a much needed KUTA!

• Like 6

Good evening  Wez

I am really pleased to see the Academy upgraded by Special Hobby kit in this Gb I am sure this kit will help you restore your mojo ..

Have fun with it ...

Cheers

Patrice

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening  Wez

I am really pleased to see the Academy upgraded by Special Hobby kit in this Gb I am sure this kit will help you restore your mojo ..

Have fun with it ...

Cheers

Patrice

Thanks Patrice, I've already made a start, I spent the afternoon detailing the propeller.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I recall making an Airfix one(one of many) and used the same decals. I don't have it anymore though.   It will be nice to see how this turns out.

• Like 1