Bf109G-14/AS 'Black 3'

Hi all

This is my attempt at Bf109G-14/AS 'Black 3' of 5./JG27, which was excavated in 2016 near Wittenburg.  No pics of the machine exist, AFAIK, but Claes Sundin created a profile based on details from the excavation.  I'm not a huge fan of the Fujimi kit but it went together without too many issues.  'Black 3' seems to have had a rather 'unusual' scheme, with a single fuselage colour which also wrapped around the underside.  Whether the scheme is accurate or not - who knows - but I went with it anyway as I quite liked it.. :) 

DorHvLi.jpg?1

l38okGw.jpg?1

IUAAco3.jpg?1

TcIb6SU.jpg?1

Ttnn13S.jpg

1a8W6S2.jpg

S7Dcybq.jpg?1

sxqLPvK.jpg?1

AZs72iN.jpg?1

• Like 33

25 minutes ago, VolkerR. said:

Cool, a model based on a profile based on debris. But it looks good, so it`s ok.

My thoughts too..!  There is a youtube clip of the excavation, and apart from a few major items (engine, prop blade, etc) not sure there was much else to identify ;) 

26 minutes ago, Parabat said:

That's very nicely done, great camo scheme and finish, but I can see why there isn't a dearth of Fujimi 109s on the boards.

I know what you mean about the Fujimi kit.  The shape is not entirely accurate and seems to have been designed for people with three hands.  I still have a Fujimi K-4 to build at some point, although I'm in no hurry... ;) 

• Like 1

Once again, Werdna, you've pulled a diamond out of a sweep's earhole.  That doesn't look like the greatest kit in the world but you've done a great job on it.  That colour scheme is pretty unusual and very eye-catching.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Werdna said:

'Black 3' seems to have had a rather 'unusual' scheme, with a single fuselage colour which also wrapped around the underside. 

A certain Erla batch was like this,  so I presume the werk nummer was known profile based on other similar airframes

Messerschmitt-Bf-109G10-Erla-JG300-White

5154608685_7c50b7041b_b_zps19e394f8.jpg

and this old chesnut, which is rather like yours.

Messerschmitt-Bf-109G10-Erla-3.JG300-Yel

as well as some from a rebuild unit. 

Details are in the most recent JaPo, Messerschmitt Bf 109s & Other Aircraft of I./EKG(J) https://japo.eu/products.php?prod=21 There is a colour shot showing this...now where was it....

ah, got it

bf109_1441304512jux9qt.jpg

which maybe of interest

neat model, :goodjob:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A very unusual scheme, to be sure, but entirely likely, given what was going on at that point of the war as well as the posted photos. Not up on the 1/48 Bf-109 kits, but it sure looks like a G-14 to me! Nice model!

Mike

• Like 1