Spitfire Mk.Vc. An unplanned entry.

Jb65rams

My final entry is an unplanned build.

I visited a 'bricks & motar' model shop for the first time in over year, Monks Bar Model Shop in York, to stock up on some paint & glue. Airfix's new 1/72 Spitfire Vc was on the shelf for £9.99, generally do 1/48 for single engine fighters, but inspired by the box art, who doesn't like a sharkmouth, I caved and bought it.

spacer.png

• Like 12

It's a really great kit! There are a couple of things to watch with assembling the tub and fitting it to the fuselage, as it can affect the wing root joints.

There are several good build threads here on BM (and then there's mine as well!).

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Cheers,

Mark

11 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

Can't wait to see this, keep on looking at those new Spitfires thinking I really should buy one or four

Go on..... you know you want to! :D

Cheers,

Mark

Hi again JB. Another fantastic choice for this GB! And a visit to a real model shop eh? How the other half live! Gotta love a Spitfire with a sharkmouth! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• 2 weeks later...

Spent the day listening to the cricket and the football whilst applying the finishing touches.

spacer.png

spacer.png

A nice kit, very enjoyable build.

That's that last of my 3 entries completed. Thoroughly enjoyed this GB, nice to go back to basic and build a small kit.

Thanks 

• Like 7

Hi JB. That's an absolutely superb result!! It really did turn out beautifully!! :worthy:

Thank you for building it in this GB.

Kind regards,

Stix