Moebius 1/144 Discovery XD-1

Greetings,

Recently completed XD-1 from Moebius in 1/144 scale.  Details about the build can be seen here in the works in progress -

Many thanks for having a look - questions and comments always welcome!

Bill

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Jeddahbill
  • Like 22

23 hours ago, John Laidlaw said:

That is excellent, and in addition, the lighting inside the pod bay is perfect. A beautiful piece of work!

Plenty of room in this kit for lighting.   The engine section is ideal for a battery as the top can snap into place to allow access.  I went with an external power adapter primarily because I wanted a remote control which will slowly drain a battery even when switched off.   Difficult to see the cockpit, but the pod bay is easily viewed, especially with two of the doors open.

Thanks,

Bill

• Like 1

Great work, beautiful result.

I have one of these in the stash, along with the same detailing and lighting kits. I'm gradually gathering the courage to make a start.

I had also planned on the not-in-the-film option of opening a second pod bay door to allow the interior to be inspected without a pod in the way, so it's good to see how well it works in practice.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Hamiltonian said:

Great work, beautiful result.

I have one of these in the stash, along with the same detailing and lighting kits. I'm gradually gathering the courage to make a start.

I had also planned on the not-in-the-film option of opening a second pod bay door to allow the interior to be inspected without a pod in the way, so it's good to see how well it works in practice.

Thank you!  Most of this kit comes together very well, just a few small problems.   Lighting not too difficult, I ended up using a total of 24 LED's.  Unfortunately, much of the effort on detailing the cockpit can't really be seen.  Coming up with sturdy display stands and a proper base was one of the bigger challenges.  Good luck with your build, please share photos!

Regards,

Bill

7 hours ago, F-32 said:

That really is first class work

Many thanks!  I have waited for this to come out in a styrene kit for decades.  Overall it is a very good kit and a pleasure to build.  Endless opportunities for super detailing.

Regards,

Bill

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...