Aer Lingus Boeing 737-200 in 1/144 scale

This is my model of Aer Lingus Boeing 737-200. I especially like the Irish airline's colourful livery with the green upper fuselage and the white shamrock on the rudder. In its time this scheme must have been a breath of fresh air amongst the rather conservative white fuselages of the 1970 and 80's

I built the model from an Authentic Airliners 1/144 scale kit. The decals I used are from 26Decals, Nazca decals and Authentic Airlines decals. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 41

Very nice indeed. I'm not familiar with Authentic Airliners kits. But that one looks very realistic. 

Fond memories of the original. My first flight in an airliner as opposed to light aircraft was in an Aer Lingus 732 in those colours. It was in 1986 and  on a charter flight to get a better glimpse of Halleys Comet. 

Well done. 

Edited by noelh
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, noelh said:

Very nice indeed. I'm not familiar with Authentic Airliners kits. But that one looks very realistic. 

Fond memories of the original. My first flight in an airliner as opposed to light aircraft was in an Aer Lingus 732 in those colours. It was in 1986 and  on a charter flight to get a better glimpse of Halleys Comet. 

Well done. 

Thanks Noelh, and thank you for sharing your memories!

Cheers

Einar

• Like 1

Beautiful job on this, and looks just like the real thing!  Authentic Airliners is such an excellent, one-man company, isn't it!  Kurt is extremely concerned with getting contours, airfoils, and lesser shapes just right.  Appalled by what was on the market, he started out scratch-building, and then turned his hobby into a business by producing the very best reproductions out there, and they're worth every eurocent or whatever.  

The 737-200 was, along with the 727, one of my favorites in to fly on in the 70's, and it was an energetic aircraft.  We used to fly on PSA 737-200s from Monterrey to LA to visit relatives, and later Delta's and Piedmont's along the East Coast.

Alex

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Beautiful job on this, and looks just like the real thing!  Authentic Airliners is such an excellent, one-man company, isn't it!  Kurt is extremely concerned with getting contours, airfoils, and lesser shapes just right.  Appalled by what was on the market, he started out scratch-building, and then turned his hobby into a business by producing the very best reproductions out there, and they're worth every eurocent or whatever.  

The 737-200 was, along with the 727, one of my favorites in to fly on in the 70's, and it was an energetic aircraft.  We used to fly on PSA 737-200s from Monterrey to LA to visit relatives, and later Delta's and Piedmont's along the East Coast.

Alex

Thank you Alex for the compliments and for sharing your memories.. You're quite right. Kurt's kits are the best you can get on the market. Myself, I have about 20 models from Authentic Airliners. 

Einar

Flawless! Not sure how many appreciate how hard it is to build smooth uniform aircraft so well. It's hard but you make it look easy.

Andy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Einar said:

I built the model from an Authentic Airliners 1/144 scale kit. The decals I used are from 26Decals, Nazca decals and Authentic Airlines decals. 

And got the first class 737 that such a great combination will give you! Bravo!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Notty said:

Flawless! Not sure how many appreciate how hard it is to build smooth uniform aircraft so well. It's hard but you make it look easy.

Andy

Thank you Andy!

Einar

7 minutes ago, Abandoned Project said:

And got the first class 737 that such a great combination will give you! Bravo!

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Viking said:

Beautiful, a real classic airliner in a classic scheme.

Cheers

John

Thanks John!

Einar

5 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

I’ e yet to get an AA kit, this gives me more inspiration to get one.

I definitely recommend you to get one. They're superb!

Cheers,

Einar

• Like 1

Lovely build in a real classic scheme. It brings back memories of spotting at GLA in the 1980s when Aer Lingus's BAC 1-11s and B732s shared the DUB-GLA run. The flight time was about 45 minutes but they still managed full service. Happy days!

Dave G

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

Lovely build in a real classic scheme. It brings back memories of spotting at GLA in the 1980s when Aer Lingus's BAC 1-11s and B732s shared the DUB-GLA run. The flight time was about 45 minutes but they still managed full service. Happy days!

Dave G

Thanks Dave! Happy memories!

Cheers

Einar

Beautiful model and thanks very much for the enthusiastic recommendation of Authentic Airliners. Might need to try their kits myself.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Beautiful model and thanks very much for the enthusiastic recommendation of Authentic Airliners. Might need to try their kits myself.

Thank you! If you want to build a very accurate model of an airliner, the AA is the best choice!

Cheers

Einar

Very beautiful.

I really like this Aer Lingus scheme and you have done a great job with this 737.

I frequently saw those and the 737-300 at Zurich airport back in the 90s.They always made for great photographs

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Alex1978 said:

Very beautiful.

I really like this Aer Lingus scheme and you have done a great job with this 737.

I frequently saw those and the 737-300 at Zurich airport back in the 90s.They always made for great photographs

Thank you Alex!

Einar

40 minutes ago, Eric Mc said:

One of the best 737 models I've ever seen.

I flew on Aer Lingus 737-248s many times in the 70s and 80s.

Thank you for the compliments!

Cheers

Einar