Alliance Airlines Embraer 190

There's just about time for one last build. I hadn't been planning on this but I ordered some decals which turned up quicker than expected so why not...

This is the Revell 1/144 Embraer 190 which I'm going to build as VH-UYB of Alliance Airlines in the RAAF centenary special scheme using Nazca decals. Here's the kit:

1:144 Embraer 190

It doesn't seem to be a complicated kit so should be doable by the GB deadline. I reckon if I can get the fuselage ready to paint tomorrow I can do it.

Here's where I'm up to - fuselage is together and windows filled, and wings assembled:

Embraer 190 WIP

thanks for looking

Julian

• Like 4

Slight change of plan, the wings aren't a great fit and needed some filler at the roots so painting first and attaching them later wasn't going to work. So here it is, shortly before it went to the garage for a coat of primer:

Embraer 190 WIP

thanks for looking

Julian

• Like 4

Getting there. Haven't forgotten the engines - they're assembled and in the garage with paint drying. This will very probably be done on time.

Embraer 190 WIP

thanks for looking

Julian

• Like 4

On 6/2/2021 at 8:01 PM, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Lovely job Julian, I saw a post elsewhere that seeing it close up the blue has a metallic finish.

What blue did you use?

Thanks Ray. Hadn't seen anything about the metallic finish but I suppose if you only see it close up it's not worth worrying about!

The blue is FS35450 Air Superiority Blue from SMS. It's not quite right - I think it could do with being a little lighter and brighter - but I'm happy enough with it. 

• Like 1