KLM A310

Hello folks.

I’d like to build a KLM a310 but cannot find the decals. (I have the revell bcal kit)

The Eastern express kit is daylight robbery £60 before postage from hannants.

It is more reasonable with Pas online.... anyone bought from them? (Imports from Russia???)

I do have leftover airfix Dc10 decals... similar proportions for the fuselage and tail logos, but I’d have to try to fashion the registrations. (OCD won’t let me live with the wrong reg)

Any thoughts appreciated.

cheers

Neil

Neil,

Only £25 + post from this reputable Russian shop: https://i-modelist.ru/goods/model/aviacija/eastern-express/345/57586.html

or £40 + post from this Hong Kong eBay shop: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114072994804?epid=16036233373&hash=item1a8f47c3f4:g:ABMAAOSwJ5BeIzQJ

Also, if you were to use the Revell kit, you'd be better off painting the stripes anyway as there's no guarantee that the EE decal stripe would fit the Revell fuselage. (just a thought)

Cheers!

Edited by Scott Garard
  • Like 1

Neil,

I have a set of KLM decals from Revell's A310 kit #04226 (reg PH-AGC). This is the version with the dark blue KLM tail titles with the light blue crown.  Any use?

Roy

8 hours ago, Neil wharfe said:

It is more reasonable with Pas online.... anyone bought from them? (Imports from Russia???)

PAS Models are fine to deal with. I have ordered from them many times and never had a problem. Andrey writes excellent English and gives good customer service. Mail from Russia to the UK can be slow but my orders have always arrived. The major issue is the cost of postage which I consider prohibitive for a single kit. The last time I ordered it was for three of their own resin kits one of which (an ATR-42) I am building as we speak. Don't forget that Royal Mail on behalf of HMRC may sting you for extra duty on stuff imported from Russia. They don't always but it can have a significant effect on the cost when they do. 

Dave G

Thanks chaps. 
The extra duty is a bit of a lottery. I did once get a EETristar 500 on eBay from Russia and it was fine. It was a while back though.

I like your idea Scott. I’ll need to improve my masking....and patience!

Roy I’ll take you up on that. I’ll try to pm you.

Thanks again.

Edited by Neil wharfe