1/35 Jagdpanzer IV/70(V) Lang recommendation

blackshark3

After over 2 decades of intermission due to a flood damaging most of my model collection, lately I just got bitten by the bug and return to the hobby. Glad to see there are now "new" manufacturers like RFM, Takom and Amusing that comes out with very high quality detailed kits. As I am gradually building up my stash, I have been trying to get a 1/35 Jagdpanzer IV/70(V) Lang. Are there any other kits besides the old Tamiya and ESCI kits available? Thanks

Edited by blackshark3
clarification

Tamiya's "new" (2014) Jagdpanzer iv Lang kit is very nice. Nothing in common with the old 70s release. It does have vinyl tracks but they're the newer glueable material and I think the Dragon re-release has similar ones (except the dragon vinyl tends to deteriorate quickly). It's one of my go-to kits if I'm lacking inspiration. Fit is excellent and you can put it together in a couple of days.

It's a shame they didn't release the L/48 gunned version.as well.

Stuart

Avoid the old Tamiya and whatever kits were out before 2000-even the first-issue Dragon ones are not great as they use a lot of the old 1989/90 Gunze Sanyo parts, which were great then, but not worth building today imho. The 2007-ish Dragon PzIVs are really nice builds and are just great kits.

The new Tamiya kits are a bit simpler detail-wise, but well-researched and beautifully engineered.

Edited by f matthews