One for the F-16 enthusiasts - Which 'A' kit in 1:72 ?

Ian

Folks.... need some advice:

Got a 'need' to build an early F-16, either an A, or A+ / MLU machine, it's not particularly important as to which one of those nor the nationality as decals are pretty easily available. Really need / want the best or most accurate kit in 1:72. I seem to recall that the RoG kit from 2000 and all it's subsequent re-releases was supposed to be a very good A / MLU, just wondered what you guys think about it ?

Over to you, thanks in advance.

Ian.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there

Thats the best kit for A model sadly very difficult to get around Central America, in my case I used the Hasegawa

Regards

Armando

• 3 weeks later...

All RoG single seater F-16 boxes include parts for the A, with the exception of the early small tailplanes, so even if you can only find the C this will work for most subjects. I am myself building an Indonesian A from the "Solo Turk" C box and I had no problem... or better, no problem with the parts as starting from a "special colour" issue often means having no stencils included.

Said that, if you can find an early issue this will have better plastic. The F-16 moulds seem to have been used very heavily and flash can often be found in later boxes. Clear parts were also better looking in earlier issues.

3 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

All RoG single seater F-16 boxes include parts for the A, with the exception of the early small tailplanes, so even if you can only find the C this will work for most subjects. I am myself building an Indonesian A from the "Solo Turk" C box and I had no problem... or better, no problem with the parts as starting from a "special colour" issue often means having no stencils included.

Said that, if you can find an early issue this will have better plastic. The F-16 moulds seem to have been used very heavily and flash can often be found in later boxes. Clear parts were also better looking in earlier issues.

The original small tailplanes can be found in at least the straight A with the belgian Spitfire on its top.

Also, the B boxings have the small tailplanes.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Robertone139 said:

The original small tailplanes can be found in at least the straight A with the belgian Spitfire on its top.

Also, the B boxings have the small tailplanes.

But the recent D does not. 😎

Some of my AM / MLU kits have them, some don't. 

Cheers,

Andre

1 hour ago, Hook said:

But the recent D does not. 😎

Some of my AM / MLU kits have them, some don't. 

Cheers,

Andre

The recent D is a C plus the additioanal parts for the two seats, just like the B was the A plus the very same two seater sprue.

13 hours ago, Robertone139 said:

The recent D is a C plus the additioanal parts for the two seats, just like the B was the A plus the very same two seater sprue.

I know. The sprue portion fot the small pre-Block 15 stabs is gated off on the D.

Cheers,

Andre