Revell (ex-Heller) T-6G (Luftwaffe) - 1:72

klr

My second entry for this GB will be an old friend. The Heller kit, which I first built in the mid-1980s. This Revell boxing is (as it says on the box) made in Mexico, presumably by Lodela, from whom Airfix also sourced this kit.

148598-11185-pristine.webp

104475-10849-pristine.jpg

1091816-16559-38-720.webp

My intention is to build the Luftwaffe subject on the cover. However, that kit is molded in yellow plastic. It's difficult enough to hand-paint a kit all yellow, but onto yellow plastic? No thanks. So I'm using the silver plastic from the current Revell release of a US "warbird".

IMG_20210502_195122_dr_025.jpg

I need to work out the precise shade of yellow, and the finish, but I can press ahead with building the kit in the meantime.

• Like 2

Another colourful and interesting choice.  Good luck with this one, in spite of its age, the Heller kit is still a good kit.

• 3 weeks later...

I've made some progress on this, but not as much as with the Academy kit. The cockpit was trickier than I remember from the first build:

IMG_20210522_152818_dr_020.jpg

Basically, the rear control column was too far back, "pushing" the rear seat into an unnatural position. I had to break off and reposition the control column further forward.

Since then. I've closed up the fuselage, and assembled the wings, but mating the two is proving a bit of a challenge. More on this in the next couple of days.