On holiday this past week so managed to complete another model.

Been wanting to build one of the Polish Tiger Meet F-16's for quite a while now, so I got on with it & started the kit earlier in the year.

The kit is my go to, for any 1/72 F-16 subject. Goes together with no problems & has a few extra parts for different variants.

For the conformal tanks I used the Attack Squadron resin items. These had to be heated & bent to fit the fuselage as they were a bit banana shaped out of the box, but I eventually straitened them out by running scolding hot water over them, which did the trick.

Also I knicked a Sniper Pod from the Tamiya kit. The F-16 I've got planned for that kit hasn't been seen flying with one!

Everything else was out of the box.

I ordered the Model Maker tiger masks for it as they had elements to cover the conformal tanks, but the only parts that stuck were the stripes for the underside & thankfully the Tiger heads on the tail fin, which worked perfectly. Everything else i used Tamiya tape, drew then cut out by hand using tracing paper from the masking set as a guide. I had to use a seperate Model Maker decal sheet for for the markings & stencils, which also came with markings that were applied to the intake & exhaust blanks so I thought it would be a crime not to use them. The blanks also hide the rough innards of the crude Revell intake & featureless insides of the kit exhaust.

Paints used were from Ammo Mig.

51192957332_e2c7fdb50e_k.jpg

51193663906_3a4e7bcbae_k.jpg

51194724020_a2c2b9d3c7_k.jpg

51194723995_0494fc8233_k.jpg

51194435569_d2123712d5_k.jpg

51192957502_ee1d4baf3a_k.jpg

51193877048_9196fb13b7_k.jpg

51194723940_981860c3e9_k.jpg

51192957352_114e219df1_k.jpg

51194723920_491005411b_k.jpg

51194723875_3ef05e89ff_k.jpg

Thanks for looking

Martin

• Like 51
  • Thanks 1

Very nice! :thumbsup: 

Those are among my favorite Tiger Meet markings because of the subtlety. 

I have a 1/48 family model version in an earlier version of these markings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

51194435569_d2123712d5_k.jpg

The paint scheme in this particular angle, does give a strange look to the airframe. almost like those Hasegawa egg planes.

Nonetheless, beautiful work mate!

Cheers,

Bill

20 minutes ago, Shalako said:

The paint scheme in this particular angle, does give a strange look to the airframe. almost like those Hasegawa egg planes.

Nonetheless, beautiful work mate!

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks Bill.

I know what you mean especially when looking at it side on. I should have added black edging to parts of the canopy. Apart from that, I'm not sure if the upper profile of the kits spine & nose is correct. I will do the Tamiya kit soon so I'll see how that looks.

Just a cheeky comparison with the real thing.

Polish Air Force LM F-16C 4056 31.BLT

• Like 3

2 hours ago, russ c said:

Very nicely done, love the scheme too. Great job

Cheers Russ, much appreciated! 👍

1 hour ago, Vultures1 said:

Really great work!  Love that scheme - well done

Cheers! 👍

1 hour ago, Britman said:

Very nice indeed   Who'd of thought, Polish F16's! Thank you for sharing.

Keith

Thanks Keith, yes they've had them quite a quite a while now. Romania have some as well, they look pretty good, & even Bulgaria have a couple.

Ukraine are even eyeing up getting some. Now they would look good in digital camo!

• Like 1

I remember seeing this at RIAT and thinking how striking, but simple, this scheme looked. Obviously when I say 'simple' I just mean colour palette, because re-creating it as expertly as you have here is something to be very proud of! 

• Like 1

Great scheme and a great model too. 

I doubt if anyone in NATO back in the Tiger meet heyday back in the 70s and 80s would imagine that one day a Warsaw Pact member would take part with an F16! How times have changed. 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 9:54 AM, MsModeller said:

I remember seeing this at RIAT and thinking how striking, but simple, this scheme looked. Obviously when I say 'simple' I just mean colour palette, because re-creating it as expertly as you have here is something to be very proud of! 

Thank you very much! 👍 Yes I thought that as well. I've also got a Canadian F-18 & Spanish Mirage F1 both grey with grey tiger stripes in the planning stages. Got decal sheets for those.

Currently doing a Ukraine Su-24 in the digital paint scheme, and the masks look a total nightmare to do. I'm definitely no expert, just mad as a box of frogs! 🤪🐸

On 5/22/2021 at 11:29 PM, GrahamS said:

That’s 1/72??? Wow…

Graham

Cheers Graham! 👍😊

On 5/22/2021 at 2:50 PM, noelh said:

Great scheme and a great model too. 

I doubt if anyone in NATO back in the Tiger meet heyday back in the 70s and 80s would imagine that one day a Warsaw Pact member would take part with an F16! How times have changed. 

Yep, times are definitely changing in that regard. Would be great to see Romanian & Bulgarian F-16 Tiger schemes one day. You never know!

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 3:47 PM, stevej60 said:

That's a superb build and finish with a great scheme too,glad to see Poland as a NATO member and modernising it's forces.

Many thanks, they have been doing a lot to bolster their current Air Force.