Remembering-HMS-Hood.jpg

image.jpg

FRONTIERS-logo_12.png

80 years since the loss of HMS Hood.

Moya McDonald

May 6, 2021

NEWS, Online events: Remembering HMS Hood

HMS-Hood-in-Scapa-Flow.jpg

On May 21st it will be exactly 80 years since HMS sailed from Scapa Flow on her final voyage. Three days later she was sunk by the Bismarck in a sequence of events that led to the end of the great German battleship as well. The Hood was so renowned that her loss was a national shock, and story of her life, from construction to the final days, will be told in an programme of events by the group Another Orkney Production on 21-22 May for their annual ‘Celebrating Scapa Flow’. Moya McDonald of AOP outlines the plans and the background......

More here: http://frontiersmagazine.org/80-years-since-the-loss-of-hms-hood/

• Like 3

Discussion is started, very interesting . 

Discussion with Commander William Sutherland RN (retired), Commander David Hobbs, MBE RN (retired), Graeme Lunn, and Rob White.

Introduced by Captain Chris Smith, Regional Commander RN Scotland and Northern Ireland.

• Like 2

WOW! I can't believe no one has replied to this. Thank you for posting all this, good info. I am building a 1/200 model atm, although progressing slowly. Lots more good info at the HMS Hood Association website and over on ModelWarships.com especially EJ Foeth's build. Regards, Pete in RI

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I attended a fascinating presentation given by William Sutherland a couple of weeks ago on this subject.  I suspect it was very similar to the one he presented on 21 May,  If you get a chance to watch the video, I would recommend it.