Russian missiles load pattern requested

dov

Hallo

My question: Is there a specific load pattern for IR guided and Radar guided missiles?

Russian a/c types only!

Question toward: Starbord this or that

Port this and that

Or this type this & that...

Has anybody some clue and proof?

Looking forward your answer.

Happy modelling & THank you in forward

I would start with photos of operational planes which is the most accurate source. You can start with Google photo search.

Try also Yandex photo search because if finds Russia-related subjects better than Google.

A bit more generic and probably less authentic way is to go to  https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/ and download assembly and painting insturctions of various model kits of the planes you ate interested in. There is usually an external payload scheme.

No, Sir!

The requirement is: To have a peramount solution: Prime sources only. By manuals or ground crew!

Speculation is not at all good! It confuses and startes endless discussions without any outcome as wasted time!

Happy modelling

I think you do not understand how military organisations and military personnel actually work.  

While you can find manuals of older Soviet planes on the web or in stores but the manuals of modern Russian planes are classified. Ground crews will not give any classified info to outsiders. I'm still suggesting in-situ photos of operational planes.

The second-most-authentic source are marketing and advertising materials of Russian arms export monopoly Rosoboronexport and plane manufacturers that contain declassified information. 

Edited by tsepajev
  • Like 2

Oh, here I must specify:

Older aircraft from MIG-21 to MIG-29 SMT are actually open sources.

Su-24 to Su-27 also.

This is the main. To find out how this IR and Radar guided misiles are positioned on the loadplan is what I want at first.

The modern aircraft like Su-35 onward is a second one.

If we get information on the olderr one, we also can interpolate the new one and check it!

Actually I know how military systems work, and how to mislead outside viewers!

Anyway thanks for the information, I will check it out!

Happy modelling

MiG-29 SMT and later versions of Su-24 and Su-27 are still operational in Russian air force (VKS) so there might be some classidied only -restrictions. The early Su-27 versions from 1980’s might be declassified but certainly not the latest modernized Su-27SM’s.

• Like 1

As a former groundcrew member on the german MiG-29A/G (MiG-29.12) I can say:

the weaponscomputer on the MiG-29A/G is divided in two sections. The two inboard wingstations and the four outboard wingstations.

On the four outboard stations you could only carry the two ir-guided types R-60 or R-73. But you never could mix it.

On the two inner stations you could hang on the radar-guided R-27 or one of the two ir-guided types.

This means you can carry and fire:

1. six R-60 or six R-73. 

2. two R-60 inboard and four R-73 outboard or two R-73 inboard and four R-60 outboard

3. two R-27 inboard and four R-73 outboard 

4. two R-27 inboard and four R-60 outboard

You never could carry and fire all three types of missiles at one time.

You also could never carry the R-27 on the outboard stations because the wings have there no attachment points for the long

APU-470 launchrails. The launchrails for the R-60 and R-73 have the same distances on the attatchment points and are interchangeable on all six stations. 

That are my two cents.

Edited by Taylor Durbon
  • Like 6

Oh Thank you! Your answer means a lot to me!!!!

To interpret your answer and some more question: Can we assume on the Su-27 a similar pattern?

Thanks in forward!!!!

Happy modelling

Yes, I just assume, that further versions of the Mig-29 have the same pattern..

Since new programming of a system due to new version is not common.

Anyway, maybe we get according information.

Happy modelling 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hook said:

Including the MiG-31..? 

Cheers,

Andre

Or the MiG-25 interceptor versions?

The MiG-31 just recently was tested with a short range ballistic missile By the way 

3 hours ago, Hook said:

Including the MiG-31..? 

Cheers,

Andre

The MiG-31BM can carry TV- or laser-guided bombs. It can use up to 6 KAB-1500 (1 500 kg) or up to 8 KAB-500 (500 kg) guided bombs

MiG-31K - MiG-31BM version converted to hypersonic Kinzhal missile launch platform – can carry 1 (9-A-7600) Kh-47M2 Kinzhal kvaziballistic missile on fuselage center pylon. There are 1/72 and 1/48 arma-models.ru conversions of this version and 1/72 & 1/48 Trumpeteer kits.

Edited by tsepajev
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 11:47 AM, dov said:

Oh Thank you! Your answer means a lot to me!!!!

To interpret your answer and some more question: Can we assume on the Su-27 a similar pattern?

Thanks in forward!!!!

Happy modelling

I can say probably, it started on an Ace Combat discussion on a FB Group, can't tell you what because I'm following way too many groups (especially for Phantoms) that I easily lose track of everything in a blink, but for the Su-27 people was wandering why Hasegawa Su-33 had AA-8/R-60 included yet nobody ever saw a picture of Flankers carrying them and then someone just said that Flankers only carried R-73 and R-27 either in pairs or in a 2-4 configuration so 2 R-73 on wingtips 2 R-27ER (IR) on wings and two R-27R below the intakes, for Su-27 case especially for early variants I suggest you to search for Su-27 interception pics. For later Su-27SM3 and 35 variants those can be easily found on Youtube or in any "OMG RUSSIANS ARE SKY PIRATES" articles from magazines and news outlet of your choice

Luigi

Anyway, I have about the Su-27 family wonderful photos from the famous book (approx. 1000 pages).

Beside that, the weapon load of today's aircraft are creative.

Always new weapon designs arrive.

In many aspects you must know exactly when this load was up to date!

Happy modelling

On 5/25/2021 at 12:13 PM, magman2 said:

The MiG-31BM can carry TV- or laser-guided bombs. It can use up to 6 KAB-1500 (1 500 kg) or up to 8 KAB-500 (500 kg) guided bombs

Do you happen to have any shareable photos, links or references?

Would really be interested!

13 hours ago, exdraken said:

Do you happen to have any shareable photos, links or references?

Would really be interested!

One of my references is Military Today 

I will look for some more photos 

• Thanks 1