Help needed for a MIG-27 correct loadplan

dov

5 hours ago, exdraken said:

those wing tanks are for ferry purposes only, no? not a valid  combat load out as far as I understand!

4 KH-25s seems a lot, usually only 2 are carried. But not sure if a pod was needed apart for the Anti Radar versions!

yes only to ferry, but there is some kind of silly speculation here in Italy due Ustica, as people was saying they used Mig-23MS with three drop tanks who flew past over Naples at supersonic speeds aaaaaaaaaaaand at low level so they could do mean things, searched all around the web and books to find how faster they could fly with just one tank, yet without any kind of guidance they could not fly past Sicily and go back without running out of fuel, lose their way to home or getting painted by radars as they did not have any kind of RWR equipment, radar past 20kms was blind, I don't know about their NVG equipment or navigation system but I suspect vectors and minutes, I was also searching how much fuel their engines would burnto calculate the flight-path and time needed to reach certain areas untouched but I'm going off topic so yeah, only for ferry flights :D.

Pod was required, only certain missiles could go on their own due guidance equipment installed on the nose but anything more sophisticated required a guidance pod thus a 3+1 configuration

Luigi

Edited by Silverkite
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

What is your stans on mixed load outs on the -27?

Say bombs and rockets, or bombs and missiles? Or even different kind of missiles?

Would the weapons computer cope?

Thanks!