Spifire Mk.1 brake hose?

Johnson

Hi Folks,

Having got as far as the undercarriage on my Airfix 1/24 Spitfire Mk.1, I need to add the brake hose (or line).

Would I be right in thinking that it's the line marked (1) in the diagram?

20210520 Spitfire UC 001

And shown in the Britmodeller Spitfire Mk.1 walkaround;

d%2058.jpg

d%2057.jpg

As this appears to start and stop on the main part of the leg, how does the line reach the brakes in the hub? And the cockpit? Any information much appreciated!

Cheers,

• Thanks 1

it's not a brake line but safety lock to avoid open the oil filler plug before releasing pressure of strut.

on left, brake line, the rigid line(blue) then flexible hose(red)

on right the safety lock(red)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by BS_w
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi, 

Although not directly related as it is already answered, the twisted hose on one leg might be running straight in the middle of the other leg. Now I learned the twisted one is for oil stuff but do not know what the other one is for or why is it just straight and not twisted as the other. (just in case you want to do the oil Iine too)

1 hour ago, clumsy said:

the twisted hose on one leg might be running straight in the middle of the other leg. Now I learned the twisted one is for oil stuff but do not know what the other one is for or why is it just straight and not twisted as the other. (just in case you want to do the oil Iine too)

Hi,

I think both the oil lines cross from the inside at the top to the outside at the bottom. The brake lines I now know run down the back of the u/c leg cover, though they do not appear to be visible on the Cosford Spitfire. I will add them as per the plan @BS_w provided.

Cheers,