Jet Provost T.Mk1 conversion from Airfix T3

follow up from the earlier postings seen here ....

I have completed the conversion of the new Airfix T3 to a first Jet Provost T.Mk1.

It needs briefly another fuselage, slightly changed wing and long undercarrriage. "Prop piston" Provost info and model was also used to make some parts .

Finished in the scheme of "The Sparrows" Aerobatic team flying from the RAF Central Flying School at Little Rissington in 1958.

spacer.png

spacer.png  

spacer.png

spacer.png

Full conversion info can be found on my website along with other Jet Provost and Strikemaster models made. 

Edited by meindert
typo
  • Like 23

Meindert:  That is  an absolutely superb conversion of the Jet Provost T Mk.1 - brilliant!   I have no wish to rain your parade, however, but your write-up on the background to the Jet Provost team is not entirely accurate. The 'Sparrows' was an earlier team from CFS (Basic) at South Cerney,  flying four Piston Provost T Mk.1s in 1957. The Jet Provost T Mk.1 team was formed at Little Rissington in early 1958, led by Flt Lt Norman Giffin. Problems with an appropriate name for the team eventually resulted in the rather uninspiring "The CFS Jet Aerobatic Team"! Don't rely too heavily on that aerobatic team forum featured on the excellent IPMS site as it has quite a few errors when it comes to RAF teams. David

22 hours ago, vampiredave said:

Meindert:  That is  an absolutely superb conversion of the Jet Provost T Mk.1 - brilliant!   I have no wish to rain your parade, however, but your write-up on the background to the Jet Provost team is not entirely accurate. The 'Sparrows' was an earlier team from CFS (Basic) at South Cerney,  flying four Piston Provost T Mk.1s in 1957. The Jet Provost T Mk.1 team was formed at Little Rissington in early 1958, led by Flt Lt Norman Giffin. Problems with an appropriate name for the team eventually resulted in the rather uninspiring "The CFS Jet Aerobatic Team"! Don't rely too heavily on that aerobatic team forum featured on the excellent IPMS site as it has quite a few errors when it comes to RAF teams. David

Thanks David. I have changed the info with "credit"

• Like 1

meindert, good work.

I notice on your modelling site, when making the more recent Airfix T3,  you were not sure about the  nose of the Wingtip Tanks on a T3 and the tail Nav Light.  Hope  these help.spacer.png p?i=6244c1e711351432d66dc80ab915a6e9nose of 

p?i=1212ca7df31060be812f3abf10ec3a3d

2 hours ago, PLC1966 said:

meindert, good work.

I notice on your modelling site, when making the more recent Airfix T3,  you were not sure about the  nose of the Wingtip Tanks on a T3 and the tail Nav Light.  Hope  these help. nose of 

Thank you, photos clearifies a lot! I am currently building another few Jet Provost and Strikemaster, will use this :-))

• Like 1