Hobby Boss 1/48 Mirage IIIC

First aircraft build for awhile....

p?i=2eeed48c1d3d8ac0c1a3e908b5871b1f

I couldn't decide on which scheme to paint so bought three, nmf, Djibouti camo and a blue grey one is the plan. With that in mind I don't want  to spend too long on the cockpit so I've only done a minimal amount of work.

p?i=d737605e81532718e4f9137d44001eed

p?i=112676f9c0a188f4bce556723b465b7e

• Like 4

Good start Roger !!

I have that same kit in my attic, so I'll look over your shoulder from time to time if you don't mind it !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Good start Roger !!

I have that same kit in my attic, so I'll look over your shoulder from time to time if you don't mind it !!

Sincerely.

CC

Thanks CC. I'm feeling enthusiastic about this and subsequent Mirage builds and don't want to bog myself down with aftermarket and worrying about 100% accuracy so you shouldn't have to wait too long  for some over the shoulder peering. 😆

Roger.

• Haha 1

Todays update,  wheel Wells and wings assembled.

p?i=413fb4d37d68e68a917f244370fecf0f

p?i=d79fff774e582c88fe947712606dd1bb

The plan at the moment is to build my three Mirages in chronological order so this one will be No.28, EC 01/002, SPA 3 - Cigognes, Armée de l'Air, Base Aérienne 102 Dijon, February 1964 in natural metal.

• Like 4

Saturday evening update.

p?i=e34ff937d85dd12640b0f674022171d6

The plan now is to build all three, give them a black base coat and then decide which is the best candidate for an all metal finish, ie the one with the least flaws and smoothest finish.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

It looks similar in design to the Eduard version, particularly around the intake area, which has caused problems in some builds.

John

That's exactly the area that has caused me problems John. I needed to use a built of filler there. I have the Eduard instructions from their version and they are almost identical and a little more detailed which comes in handy. 

Hello,

Nice start ! :)

Hobby Boss is very much a Eduard look alike, with the good fortune of having the landing gear legs of a proper length, while Eduard is sitting too high.

Indeed the HB kit is the best ROI.

Best,

Stef (#6)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stéphane said:

Hello,

Nice start ! :)

Hobby Boss is very much a Eduard look alike, with the good fortune of having the landing gear legs of a proper length, while Eduard is sitting too high.

Indeed the HB kit is the best ROI.

Best,

Stef (#6)

Thanks Stef, that's good to know. There'll be a bit of an enforced break this week due being away from home on work courses.

The camo scheme of the EC 3/10 "Vexin" aircraft done with Top Notch vinyl masks. It's had a coat of gloss prior to decals and weathering.

p?i=8ce92509908c5a63e3aea8a5979a0a85

Not much to show on the EC 2/10 "Seine" aircraft, this one has also just received a gloss coat.

p?i=24cb9ac51c3fa1e4f8fdf8234a3ac81d

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sturmovik said:

The second Mirage is very colourful. I like the yellow lines on the wings.

Thanks. I actually thought I was going to have a struggle with the yellow lines, me and long straight decals don't always get on but these ones didn't cause a problem.

• Like 2