Story thats been developing for a while now, US Navy UFO encounters?

One 48

Dont want to be seen as a regular loopy person and I know exactly what the acronym UFO means before anyone posts that :)

I'm sceptical, of course. But what those US Navy Pilots David Fravor and his Wingman (who is a Woman coincidently) Well respected aviators saw and reacted to, its all very interesting, the mere fact nobody knows what exactly it is makes it very very more interesting indeed.

David Fravor featured in a Mel Gibson directed sort of mini TV series about real carrier life and David Fravor and others in that documentary saw the UFO's, made FLIR contact, they established they were real and behaved in physics ways we cant explain with our technology ... I just don't know?

Apparently more official Pentagon details released early June.

Some food for thought if you have not seen it, please don't consider me a fruitcake on this, if you do, then maybe those US Navy pilots are too? Its all just a bit out there but perhaps worthy of a chat on here too with you good people :)

I honestly don't know what to think now about it all?

• Like 4

I watched the mini series. There are some heavyweights in the loop now coming forward. It's not just the USN that have these sightings. The Skinwalker Ranch events are also worthy of mention.

No, I do not consider you a fruit loop. It seems to be only the prominent Western nations that try and deny this.

Russia, China, and several S. American countries run regular, or even monthly TV programmes about the UFO enigma. Their media do not take the standpoint that we are all screwballs.

Then there is the small matter of Rendlesham Forest. I knew of the event within 48 hours, whereas the world at large did not for several years.

I personally know/knew civilian witnesses, and those in the military. I have met and spoken with Jim Penniston and John Burrows.

It's time the covers came off. These things are regularly seen and reported globally.

• Like 3

No, the Pentagon most certainly did not ignore reports of UFOs. All branches of the military, and the FBI vied for first dibs on sightings and alleged crash sites, and have done since Roswell. Each branch if the military wants to keep ahead of it's competitors, and the smallest scrap of information or hardware is seized upon and jealously guarded.

Lets leave Roswell aside for moment please, its this story that is capturing our attention, we don't want to get fragmented with that stuff.

David Fravor, like it or not, he was a well accomplished US Navy Pilot and has reported on his sightings many times and now has Wing/Woman to back him up ... would really like to see their back seaters in both Aircraft co-operate this too.

I heard him talking on a podcast. I think he was the sqn CO at the time. 

I also saw another article raising the possibility that many may be drones from adversaries operating under the cover of the story to gather ELINT.

ELINT (electronic intelligence), records and analyzes non-communication radio signals, generally radar transmissions, to provide situational intelligence. It relies on dedicated passive or active electronic sensors and a chain of analysis modules, using an evolving database of known radar signatures.

That's possible I suppose but nowhere near explains Pilot visual and FLIR contact in these cases.

The FLIR on the Hornets as well as MK1 eyeballs proves its something there, the FLIR does for sure, please folk dont confuse those video's with cockpit HUD cams, FLIR tracks much faster and gives similar alt, airspeed, distance calculations too on a signal return you see in those videos.

These Pilots are either flat out lying, the US Gov is covering something up to them too and they are Guinea pigs in this, or it is just the best UFO sightings of all time corroborated by professional people? Highly trained US Navy Pilots?

Whats the other real alternative ... The Russians or China? I really doubt it.

We don't know but apparently more news in June 🌌

Back in the early 1980s as a young and naive man I wrote to the RAAF asking if they they tracked UAP activity. They very nicely wrote back saying, in essence, no.

Somehow I didn't believe the reply.

DennisTheBear

• Like 2

I read an interesting article recently on a well respected US technology website discussing the possibility that a lot of these sightings are quite probably various types of drones and balloons being launched to probe and gather ELINT/SIGINT on US radar and C&C systems. The article laid out a very plausible case for this and for why the US Military would be happy to continue to allow these to be reported as "UFOs". To admit that their Air Defence network has, for years, been lighting up and giving away their signatures to relatively low tech balloons and drones would be highly embarrassing and damaging.

The very fact that these objects have been able to get the US to light them up and to respond through their C and C system is mana from heaven for anyone wishing to gather those ELINT and SIGINT signals. Flocks of autonomous vehicles and balloons can easily be launched at sea from any vessel, not just military vessels, and this might be one of the reasons that the USN in particular is reporting so many of these sightings. You're never very far away from a Chinese Flagged container vessel these days!

The article goes on to discuss that drones don't have to be aircraft shaped in the traditional sense, as we now know, and that the apparently bizarre random and rapid movements tracked on radar entices the radar operators to use the full potential of their equipment and so give the spies in the sky exactly what they want. This would be relatively simple to achieve if a swarm of, let's say, balloons with ECM packages were to rapidly cycle their electronics in a coordinated manner to show a 'single target' apparently zooming around the sky. 

The article ran to many pages with in depth analyse and reasonable explanations for the various sightings and radar tracking. They had actually warned of the US's vulnerability to this type of low tech "UFO" attack a few years ago based on the fact that the technology is available and that the belief in UFO sightings is now so established in US cultural lore that it's easy for foreign powers to play on their society's beliefs. It all sounds more plausible to me than aliens coming across the Universe with the sole intention of bugging the Hell out of the US Navy. They are out there but so are the Chinese, and they are a lot closer and more interested in the US Military!

Duncan B

• Like 3

I would love to see a balloon that can go from 28,000 feet to sea level in 1 1/2 seconds, then back again. That is what their radar picked up, then travelled submerged at 50+ knots on sonar.

Edited by bentwaters81tfw
spelling
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

I would live to see a balloon that can go from 28,000 feet to sea level in 1 1/2 seconds, then back again. That is what their radar picked up, then travelled submerged at 50+ knots on sonar.

As I said, multiple objects cycling electronics in a coordinated way can make a radar think it is seeing one object going from 28000 ft to sea level in 1.5 seconds when there could be a whole swarm of different types of targets being deployed at the same time, some drone and some balloons. The article discusses this at length and states that there are no credible visual witnesses to this behaviour, only radar. It also discusses the possibility of the use of UAV's (Underwater Autonomous Vehicles) along with multiple aerial vehicles to cause maximum confusion and therefore increasing the likelihood of USN systems being powered up to their full capabilities (which they obviously wouldn't do if they recognised a normal ELINT attempt).

The technology is already available and clearly the acceptance of UFOs buzzing about is already well established in western culture so all the better to baffle and confuse. Relatively low cost and easily deployable intelligence gathering assets are the only way the Chinese, for example, are going to be able to probe the US Homeland Defence bubble as they can't deploy aircraft from China that can reach the US and even if they did the US would not be daft enough to then use the full capabilities of their air defence network and C&C systems for the Chinese to record. 

Whether you believe in the above or not you have to agree that the premise above is as feasible as the extraterrestrial alternative. The fact that you are willing to express an opinion to the contrary proves the concept that the West is vulnerable to exactly this type of tactics due to the cultural lore of UFOs in Western society, particularly US culture. At the very least there is current earthling technology that can be used to explain the allegedly physic defying manoeuvres.

Duncan B

• Like 2

Its all very intriguing for sure ... will we ever get a full explanation ... not so sure.

Interesting stuff though and with a Pentagon announcement in June as well apparently.

As for ET ... pretty sure other intelligent life must exist or has existed in the vast Universe, or might even come to exist as new stars are born, but the vast distances and time itself, its such a narrow window, will we ever have proof and contact? I doubt it, it would be a massive game changer if so and maybe the good kick up the bottom we need as a species, but its unlikely IMHO.

Good conversation though, thanks to those that have contributed.

• Like 2

This has become a very interesting subject here(USA) and in other nations. The US Navy and the US Air Force are now reporting these objects. The "weather balloon" explanation was used to stop any further search. The late Dr. J. Allen Hynek admitted this in later talks. His son can confirm this. The balloons are not radar reflective, but, they do have transponders to help track and identify them. 

• Like 1

I would like to comment a bit further on my posting. Dr. Hynek published a monthly newsletter on UFO reports in the '70s and '80s. I was a subscriber until it ended. He had a couple teams of investigators who would go out to check the area, interrogate witnesses, etc.. He was always careful to fully check the report(or his people). They would check the FAA(Federal Aviation Admin.), military(USAF/USN/USMC/Army), do have to coordinate with the FAA so that they don't get in each others flight lines, etc.. Dr. Hynek stated that 95%+ of all sightings were determined to be aircraft, satellites, and/or astronomic events. But, those 5% were the ones that were the problem ones; and, should be studied more closely.

• Like 1

I'm with Duncan on this. I simply cannot buy into aliens. It's terrestrial not extra terrestrial. Just because it's currently unexplainable doesn't mean it won't become explainable later. 

My only UFO experience was a bright silver object which shot past my cockpit at a high velocity one sunny day. It was scary but I rationalised that it was merely a child's helium balloon. 

Or was it? 👽

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hi

Well if they are visiting hopefully they are following covid rules and self isolating on arrival and testing 

or are they spreading the virus  🙂

cheers

jerry 

Edited by brewerjerry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not saying its Aliens, but its .... no must resist, LOL

But apparently there is still the official Pentagon announcement to come in June, its all very intriguing what's happened, hard to believe those US Navy pilots were flat out lying, they seemed credible, wonder what it was they saw?

This too has surfaced now. Radar footage from the USS Omaha

I am more open minded on this. 

If it was the Chinese or Russians in 2004 then we have real problems. Drone technology was not what it is today 17 years ago - what else do they have?

If it is the US itself the UFO story was pretty much debunked so why bring it up again?

If it is aliens then what are they trying to achieve?

Will

Edited by Scimitar F1

Hi

Random thought

any military budgets due for renewal soon, always helps to have a scare just before 

cheers 

jerry

( not convinced one way or other yet )