mSLA is going 8K - Phrozen's upcoming printer

ICMF

https://mailchi.mp/phrozen3d.com/8k-coming-soon

Phrozen are teasing a new, 8K printer.  From the teaser photo and text, it looks very large - my guess is in the 13.3 - 15.6" screen class, or roughly equivalent to the Transform or Epax 156.  That would be upwards of 350 x 200 mm build area, but an 8K screen means it would have the pixel size of a Photon/Mars class printer.  

It'll almost certainly be spendy, but could be a game changer - you could print full-on kits!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Unfortunately Chitubox has seen a cash opportuniy for their slicing software and it seems the new printers no longer work with Lychee etc (the free slicers)

9 hours ago, dcsmax said:

Unfortunately Chitubox has seen a cash opportuniy for their slicing software and it seems the new printers no longer work with Lychee etc (the free slicers)

That's another issue to consider when choosing a 3D printer. I use Lychee and love it. I have a Saturn that supports it but when I have to replace the LCD I really hope that I'm not locked into using Chitubox to slice.

12 hours ago, gamblor916 said:

That's another issue to consider when choosing a 3D printer. I use Lychee and love it. I have a Saturn that supports it but when I have to replace the LCD I really hope that I'm not locked into using Chitubox to slice.

Hopefully by then the Chitubox monopoly has changed. One can only hope.

• 4 months later...