Airbus A319 Rossia "Zenit St.Petersburg" livery Revell 1/144

Another A319 got finished.

Its actually my last A319 from my stash unfortunately.As the kit is out of production by Revell,its not so easy anymore to get one for a reasonable price.

There had been many builds and kit introductions,so I wont go to further detail on the kit here.

Fit is great and its a joy to build.

Everything was straight forward,only decalling the Airbus was a very time consuming task which needed careful planning,research and systematic application of the many decal pieces for the blue pattern.

15 decals each side for the blue patterns and many more for stenciling and other details.

The decals come from PAS decals and have a great quality, are durable and easy to work with.And they are cleverly designed,which helps a great deal in the application process.

They fit very well on the model,I had only little issues around the wings.

As they have no white backing,the cabin windows will disappear on the blue,so there I used the ones from the kit decals,as well as most of the details on the wings.

Rossia painted this Airbus in 2014 as it was the official carrier for the soccer club "Zenit St.Petersburg"

Its a very striking livery in my opinion and I am happy that PAS decals produced such a wonderful decal set.

I painted the model with Revell and Gunze enamels,coroguard panels are my own mix of Revell grey 374 with a few drops of Revell silver 90.

Cheers

Alex

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

That's just wonderful Alex. A few years ago I tried to do the same scheme using Ascensio decals. It didn't work out and the model ended up in Finnair livery. Your model tempts me to have another go with the PAS decals.

Dave G

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Just amazing results!  That's a clear windshield, too, correct?

Thank you very much.

No,these are decals from the PAS decal sheet.

3D windows similar to the Authentic Airlines decals

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skodadriver said:

That's just wonderful Alex. A few years ago I tried to do the same scheme using Ascensio decals. It didn't work out and the model ended up in Finnair livery. Your model tempts me to have another go with the PAS decals.

Dave G

Thank you very much Dave.

Thats a pity it did not work out in the first round.

I can recommend the PAS decal set.Its cleverly designed and well printed.

It comes with a 1/144 diagram which shows every decal so while applying its a great help.

• Like 1

How I look forward to the appearance of your familiar table and balcony. It is always graced with such well produced models in attractive schemes and this is one of the best.

Well done yet again.

Vincent

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vincent said:

How I look forward to the appearance of your familiar table and balcony. It is always graced with such well produced models in attractive schemes and this is one of the best.

Well done yet again.

Vincent

Thank you very much Vincent for your nice compliment.

42 minutes ago, Challenger350Pilot said:

Beautiful, Alex! Love the "splash" on this one...even if it did take a heck of a lot of patience and ingenuity to get it just right. Nicely done! :clap2:

Thank you very much.

Indeed,patience is the magic word when it comes to the decal stage.I took my time on it and worked slowly for about a week on the blue patterns,doing only a few pieces every day.

• Like 1

Awesome livery! You achieved a superb result with a very complex set of decals. I plan on making this aircraft some day so I hope I get results as good as yours. Thanks for sharing!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Shorty84 said:

Hi Alex,

great build and I really like the livery. It is always nice to see some Russian operators other than Aeroflot as they are not that often done.

Cheers

Markus

Thank you very much Markus

1 hour ago, Vinny said:

Awesome livery! You achieved a superb result with a very complex set of decals. I plan on making this aircraft some day so I hope I get results as good as yours. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you very much Vinny.

I can recommend those PAS decals,they work very well and fit on the model without much trimming.

Its just important to apply the decals from the back to the front in order to align everything neatly.

Alex

Wow! I was admiring the a380 but I think this is even better considering the smaller scale! unbelievable effort. The a319 kit is a rare find now, so much so I had to chop up an a320 recently which is hardly ideal when you know the tool is out there 

Phil

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phil1 said:

Wow! I was admiring the a380 but I think this is even better considering the smaller scale! unbelievable effort. The a319 kit is a rare find now, so much so I had to chop up an a320 recently which is hardly ideal when you know the tool is out there 

Phil

Thank you very much Phil.

Its a pity that Revell took the A319 out of their airliner range.I would love to build some more of them.

Why Revell offers about 4-5 A320 kits in different liveries in their 2021 catalogue and no A319 is beyond me🤔

• Like 1