Scorpion military miniatures ..AKTIV ST4 Snow Trac.Royal Marines with L6 Wombat

Hello all something a little bit different.. 1/35 Snow trac by scorpion military miniatures.. it’s an all resin kit and with the added interest of the wombat in the rear .They also do the enclosed version both military and civilian.

I was looking forward to this kit when it was announced a while ago ..as usual it arrived quickly in the post ..

bit of box art and instructions.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 8

So the kit well it’s a lot of resin ..however this is not for the inexperienced modellers . It’s fragile..but well detail .

the wombat is available as a separate kit but obviously with this it’s produced as with .

the resin castings are very fragile and need to be handled with care ,

Hello mate at the risk of saying it again they and some of the parts are incredibly fragile.. so definitely handle with lots of care .

So we move forward to the suspension units .. unfortunately the springs were missing from my kit ..however a quick email and replacements soon arrived..these units are rather fiddly as you have springs and wheels and the holders ..I decided to paint the wheels as it would be difficult to obtain the finish I was after when all was put together.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies for the slow work and thanks for those following this …life’s been busy. However moving forward.. tracks  ( did I mention fragile ) 

so some interior work done ..peddles added and the tracks have to be warmed in water ( warn not hot ) took me a while to sort out but they have gone on .I put the worst joins at the bottom so when it’s on a base they will not be seen .. also had a play with the fuel tank and one of the side lockers ..spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 7

Now that the fiddly bit is out of the way ..we can move forward.. I took the decision to undercoat the tracks before I placed them on the model as looking at them they would be a bugger  to get to after ..

the engine cover was placed in position and fitted well . The front grill is provided by some photo etch .after some research I realised that there is an error with this ..the front is split so the radiator grill covers the front and extends below the front bumper.. however having gotten this far I wasn’t about to strip it apart..some pipes added to the fuel tank and the instrument panel was detailed with the use of some after market decals ..

• Like 7

On we go …I’ve actually progressed a fair way with the kit and I’m happy with it ..

first the 120mm wombat cracking little kit available separately as seen in big bad bills build it goes together well and again a fragile thing of beauty,

I took the opportunity to add the wiring for it and the GPMG sling which was used to steady the weapon .

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 11

Thanks for your comments chaps .

moving forward you get a choice of stowage lockers to fit ..well either fit them or not ..I’ve decide to add a camouflage net to one side .. so needed some packing to place the net on to give it some depth .. my go to for this is wide weave medical gauze.. other details added include the head lights . These are moulded solid and to be honest given the fragile nature I was a tad concerned.. but slowly and carefully wins the day .. I also added indicators these are not included in the kit but easy enough to replicate ..

• Like 9

Progress and figures .just want to thank all those who continue to watch this .

I decided I wanted to add some figures mainly to add a sense of scale to the model ..British 70/80s figures are a bit of a nightmare to find let alone what I needed.. I decided to convert a couple of German winter troops from ww2 to some late 70s bods . Basically I used green stuff and some chopping and cutting..

spacer.png

• Like 3