(Next Project) Eduard 1/48 Spitfire Story The Few

I'm back.  After a long winter of not being able to even touch a model due to my airbrush setup being in a detached, unheated garage in Canaduhh, I can finally get back to it and I will be officially launching my Youtube channel with a build video of this lovely kit and one of my favorite planes of all time.  I'm sure many of you have already built this one so feel free to share your experiences, i'd love to hear them.spacer.png

• Like 8

As fate would have it; after years of carefully handling airbrushes with no major issues, today was the day I decided to clumsily drop mine and bend the inner tubing rendering it useless.  So now while I try to negotiate a replacement, my spitfire build will be delayed indefinitely. 🙃

• Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried Eduard's new "peel away film" decals on the build, not sure what everyone's complaining about with these.  I find these to be quite good, yes I did have some areas that peeled parts of the decal off, but about 95% of them peeled great.  I think just as long as you use the proper solvents and make sure there are no air bubbles, these are fantastic.  The build is almost done, just panel wash, matt coat and a few parts yet to be glued on remain.spacer.png

• Like 5