Ian McQue Fly Ship Draft

spacer.png

Link https://sketchfab.com/paul_sketch/collections/ian-mcque I found on the internet . 👀  interpretation of an Ian McQue Fly Ship. Lots of scratch build stuff and more.

Edited by francis van iterson
  • Like 7

too many ideas, but that won't spoil the fun. am still figuring out how this side works with posting topics if you have some tips, they are welcome. by the way your work is fantastic love it. I'm already looking forward to the conversations. gr francis

• Thanks 1

I love the Ian McQue stuff. Always inspiring. Have a look at a couple of McQue builds on here by @tiking he's very good.

I've been doing Ma.k for years and am just swapping over to a couple (at least) of Star Wars themed builds.

You have obviously worked out that you need to use a hosting site to be able to post pictures on here.

I use 640x480 as a picture size. It works nicely here. Much bigger takes a while to download.

If you post a picture, leave a spare empty line underneath it and then enter your text or it can upset the spacing.

Other than that, I think it's all fairly simple (It needs to be for me!) and just enjoy yourself while we enjoy your work.

Regards, Pete

• Thanks 1

I forgot to say, leave a space between the pictures. It makes them a bit easier to look at.

I like what you are doing with this build. Mechanical stuff that looks like it might work together to achieve flight.

Though it all comes down to paint and weathering in the end!

• Thanks 1

Yes!  I'm a fan of McQue's work too - really interesting, and I like his graphics.  Your progress is really nice - great repurposing/scratch work.  Looking forward to seeing how you pull this together - 

Cheers

Nick 

• Thanks 1

Thxs Nikc 

• hello fellow modelers made a front house today decided to give the model my own twist, pinch of Ian McQue pinch of maschinen krieger. Oh oh .

spacer.png

my corner, the woman needs more space hihiiii

spacer.png

I like to make an experiment out of paper.

spacer.png

more than eight hours later. ready I thought.

spacer.png

electricity cable with safety wire for the electricity in the cabin

spacer.png

the grid is for the oil cooler of the transformers.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

magnetic pulse motor

spacer.png

spacer.png

and now brainstorm again. have a nice evening and see you next time fellow modelers.

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, rockpopandchips said:

Another fan here to and have made a flying boat and truck in 1/100 scale myself. Your cracking on with some very nice work. Will follow along. 

yup a really deep underground scfi fan love it. I'm going to look at your work thanks for the tip El Francis

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, francis van iterson said:

yup a really deep underground scfi fan love it. I'm going to look at your work thanks for the tip El Francis

Save you bother of looking through all my junk here is my flying boat. 

Brian. 

• Thanks 1

Not  to be outdone, I built two. Both docked and unloading cargo.

The first, Misfit, I built in Saudi. But due to it's size and weight I had to leave it there when I left.

I did, however, salvage what I could from it and incorporated parts and figures into Misfit 2 in 2019.

They're not quite McQue clones but use the same idea for their existence.

Misfit - built 2014

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234963278-misfit-is-done/&do=findComment&comment=1668744

Misfit 2 - built 2019

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235052278-misfit-2-is-finished/&do=findComment&comment=3293519

• Like 3

Great work, Francis. You’re off to great start. I had this particular craft on my (long) list of things to build. I’m really looking forward to seeing your interpretation.

I’ve also built a McQue inspired model:

• Thanks 1

hello photon
nice that you respond,
indeed I recognize your model that looks good; Ian Mcque is a particularly beautiful subject. I used to draw a lot of sci-fi in my teens and built many models, often trucks. I wanted to build a model of one of my favourites (Simon Stalhag https://www.simonstalenhag.se/ but I don't dare to do that maybe after this model, who knows. nice to meet you Photon.
gr francis

Hello good evening
the last few days I tried something, it is still attached to the tape. I first want to come up with an interior, but that is for later

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think this will take a long time, well, I am fine off the street too.

• Like 11

The problem I am facing now is that I too enthusiastic about my build.

I have A Ton of cool material that I could attach 

But then it will be Overkill; mathematically visual, not good 

so I need to go back to the simplicity as Japanese model builders do

I will start taking pictures en show them to you ( the overkill situation )

But for now thanks and till soon 

Gr Francis 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...