How long to finish building the kits in your stash (assuming you add no more)?

Filler

Hmm.... a good question and one I hesitate to answer, but let's imagine for a moment that I would be able to sustain the output of 2020 then it would take about 65 years! :hmmm:

If - IF - I only make this years output.....then about 850 years! :oops:

But as you all know , the gods of modelling will not allow you to go to the great pastures of modelling before you have completed ALL of your stash (at least that's what I'm counting on! :whistle: )

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, IanHx said:

* except for Starfix and Mach 2

Yeah. I was thinking that in Hell the stash auto converts to those 2 products too. 

can’t get cremated obviously so need buried in a shipping container then :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I only have one stalled build, an old Frog Beaufort with missing parts - so it will probably never be finished. My stash stands at 437 and over the last 10 years I've averaged 62 completions per year, so I make it 7 years to clear. Of course I haven't stopped buying :wicked:

• Like 2

Stash completion will be a certain number of years after finding an answer to the unanswerable question "so where are you going to keep them all when they're built ?"

• Like 4

My stash isn't that big so at the current speed I go at probably a mere two years. On the proviso that I don't buy anymore for the next two years. Is that going to happen?? 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IanHx said:

Stash completion will be a certain number of years after finding an answer to the unanswerable question "so where are you going to keep them all when they're built ?"

Perhaps the 'Tech-Guys' will find a way for us to keep them 'in the Cloud'? :hmmm:(:winkgrin:)

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, IanHx said:

That’s such a good point. My modest 58 1:48 scale kits are piled up in the loft, but laying them all out side by side plus built wingspans? How many IKEA Detolf display cases would I need? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ratch said:

I only have one stalled build, an old Frog Beaufort with missing parts - so it will probably never be finished. My stash stands at 437 and over the last 10 years I've averaged 62 completions per year, so I make it 7 years to clear. Of course I haven't stopped buying :wicked:

You will have to "ratch" it up then.

• Haha 1

Almost everything in my stash is for sale. Whatever doesn't sell may get built, sometime.

But I mostly scratchbuild using all sorts of kit parts and bits and pieces anyway.

So my answer is, ask me again, sometime in the future.

• Like 2

Realistically... seven or eight years. I say that based on maybe eight builds a year, but just lately my stash has become heavy (pardon the pun) with two- or four-engined planes that will take more time than little fighters, obvs. Last night I ordered my final "wish list" kit, a Hasegawa B-25J that is accompanied by an Italeri B-25 H/J "Gun Ship" that I got for a decent price on the 'Bay. I've promised SWMBO that I won't buy any more for a while, all those large boxes stacking up in the spare room are quite conspicuous... though I'm sure something will take my fancy.

1 hour ago, Shorty84 said:

Please further explain this new concept....finishing :whistle:

Cheers

Markus

Just love that statement darned funny brought a laugh. Nice one Markus. Keep them coming.

Laurie

• Like 1

I used to, like most, finish one kit then choose what fancied me as the next kit.

But the last 5 years or so I have chosen a subject for a diorama. 2 * 1/48  1/72

Finished completely 1 Afghanistan with only pieces used by the British. 18 pieces in all

All three dioramas are 2.4 * 0.500 (8ft * 20").

Falklands 14 another few to go. Plus some 1/72 of the large things.

Jersey airport 1950'60 1/72 6 down approx 5/6 to go.

All of this keeps my stash down as all the dioramas obviously have to be in context with the aircraft or light armour.

It is fascinating as i have built many, and enjoyed immensely,  kits which I would not have considered as a sole kit.

Plus also, for instance, converting two Snatch Landrovers to a series 2 & a 3 type.

An extra bonus scratch built Afghanistan house & a Falklands barn.

With the route I have taken my stash has a purpose & is small(ish). But always on the look out for a kit i can add to each of the 3 dios.

My problem is not stashes it is space.. Thinking of my wife's bedroom 🤣 hmm. Or perhaps move her into mine with the finished dios.

Gives me then a clean page. However I doubt this will come to be 🥺

Laurie

I've just realised that I mis-interpreted the opening question;

How long to finish your stash?

It is not 'How long to build your stash?'

Therefore I submit that my stash is finished, complete.

I've not bought any kit to add to the stash since last month, April

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Filler changed the title to How long to finish building your stash?

Thanks for pointing out the error @Black Knight. I guess when I posed the question I assumed any answer would be based on no more kits being added - but we all know that is highly unlikely.

I only have about 40 models in the stash,that's been holding now for awhile,I build between 6-8 a year,but it doesn't seem to go down,as I keep adding,so while I don't have an over the top stash,I really couldn't say,but if I stopped buying,I guess it would be 5-6 years.

1 hour ago, Vince1159 said:

With my rate of building them it should be pretty close to a track by Zaga and Evans....

.....if man is still alive. If woman can survive, they may find............

• Like 2