Airfix 1/76 88mm Gun & Sd.Kfz.7 Tractor - finished

JeroenS

Yep, all the way down on page 5 as I expected. The 28th of May, hm that's a little while ago. But I intend to finish this, and I had the primer out for another build so I gave the parts a squirt of Mr Surfacer Black. That's all I did but it's something! Gets me back to page 1 at least 🙂 

20210818213713-06bbfbf2-me.jpg

More later!

• Like 4

Excellent Jeroen!! Glad to see you've got back on to this one. Yes, it's been a busy GB and my two ended up on the last page a couple of times due to lack of progress. Hope you manage to get more done over the next couple of weeks.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Well, there's colour. Airfix says Humbrol 63 (Matt Sand) which translates into Tamiya's Desert Yellow (XF-59), which I used. 

20210820210807-c1629c82-me.jpg

I think it's time to start work on the tracks. 

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Well they certainly look great in their Desert Yellow! Keep going! I'm hoping to see this in the Gallery by Sunday evening.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Well they certainly look great in their Desert Yellow! Keep going! I'm hoping to see this in the Gallery by Sunday evening.

Kind regards,

Stix

That is certainly the intention!

Nice work. I loved this kit as a lad. 

Are you going to put the 'figures' in the back? I wouldn't blame you for leaving them out as they're some of Airfix's worst. 

56 minutes ago, IanC said:

Nice work. I loved this kit as a lad. 

Are you going to put the 'figures' in the back? I wouldn't blame you for leaving them out as they're some of Airfix's worst. 

Thanks. No figures, I don't do figures and these are really way too small for me, plus they're all the same (except for the driver) which looks silly I think. 

3 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Come on Jeroen 

This is nearly done, let's see it finished please.

Cheers Pat 

You're right Pat, I'll get right on it 

• Thanks 1

I just finished it, the wheels were very flashy and so the tracks took some time, fiddly stuff. Anyway, thanks @JOCKNEY for that final nudge, I had been procrastinating the final steps. My heart was not really in this build I guess. But now that it's finished I kind of like it. Weathering is minimal, just some drybrushed gun metal and Tamiya sand colours from the weathering set. Thanks @PlaStix for hosting this GB, there's lots of nice results in the gallery. 

Here it is, more pics in the gallery. 

20210905220946-78650a98-me.jpg

• Like 8

• JeroenS changed the title to Airfix 1/76 88mm Gun & Sd.Kfz.7 Tractor - finished

Hi Jeroen. Wow! You have done an absolutely superb job with the old Airfix kit! It makes an excellent addition to our Gallery! Very well done.  :worthy:

Thank you very much for taking part in this GB.

Kind regards, 

Stix

• Thanks 1