Belgian Warrior: Renard R-31, Azur Frrom 1/72

Finished today - almost straight from the box: I have just added position lights and U/C wires and replaced the gun barrels with Master brass. The windshields are far too thickened new ones were made from a foil. Tamiya paints, Gunze varnishes, some light weathering with Tamiya pastels.

Good job, Azur, now where is the new Fairey Battle?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 54

Very nice result! 

10 hours ago, Marcel said:

Good job, Azur, now where is the new Fairey Battle?

Just to recall that Battle was already done by MPM/SH/Azur group, but Fairey Fox - that will be a nice pair to Renard R 31!

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JWM said:

Battle was already done by MPM/SH/Azur group

Long long ago, in a galaxy far far away, at least it seems like that, & by all accounts, it wasn't brilliant. That said, I'd be happy to see a Fairey Fox as well as a new & accurate Battle. :)

Steve.

• Like 2

Belgian Warrior? OK, if you like. However, Belgian Beauty would be more befitting.

Great job!

Edited by Patrik

Not very much warring done by the Belgian air force, but great build and good to see someone builds Belgian planes other than Tigermeet F-16s.

Very nice build indeed!

I will save this post for those guys who like to whine that a suggested new kit subject is a terrible idea that will never make money, LOL. Really, what is more obscure than the R-31?

5 hours ago, MDriskill said:

Very nice build indeed!

I will save this post for those guys who like to whine that a suggested new kit subject is a terrible idea that will never make money, LOL. Really, what is more obscure than the R-31?

R36 😋

Well I wouldn’t call the R-31 obscure. Quite a lot of them were built, they were used during the (short) war against Germany and Henry de la Lindi was an interesting person!

Wulfman you will be surprised how well the kit is engineered, a real joy to build. OK, you would have to reduce the wing thickness and maybe replace the windshields but it is a great kit I must say.

• Like 1