Circle/compass cutter radius 5mm+

Ray S

Hello all, I have one of the generic compass cutters which will cut a circle 10mm+, but I need something smaller.

This is what I have:

https://www.hobbies.co.uk/circle-compass-cutter?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaignid=6727975578&utm_campaign=Shopping-Research_Campaign&utm_term=&adid=388174523725&addisttype=gpla&matchtype=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn_iKrL3O8AIVCu3tCh2JrQV0EAQYAiABEgJMm_D_BwE

I have had a look on google but I cannot seem to find what I want. Does anyone know of a compass cutter which will do down to about 5mm? I want to be able to cut masks for aircraft wheels as I can no longer paint them freehand.

I have been a bit inventive and used a hole punch once or twice, and cannot afford proper punches like Waldron did.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

All the best everyone, Ray

36 minutes ago, NigelD said:

+ 1 for the Dspiae. Superb piece of kit if you don't mind the price! 

If you can stretch to it get a Cricut or Silhouette cutter. Maybe three times the price but about 1000 times the flexibility. 

circles, letters, camo  masks - in fact anything that you want to do. There is even a forum for sharing the files. You can download US stars and bars from the internet.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the replies, it gives me something to go on.

On 5/16/2021 at 4:19 PM, Black Knight said:

Is it the hole or disc you need?

For the disc you can buy paper sticky labels

For a hole you can buy individual hole punches

Good point there Black Knight, I was only thinking about painting the hub and masking that, so the disc, but it may be better to paint the tyre then mask that! I will check that idea out. 

All the best everyone,

Ray

on the subject of circles...

anybody know of a good way to punch out rings?

I've been thinking for making something rotary with inserts to use with my RP punch and die set.

Also, how to find the center on a disc too small to use a center finder?

34 minutes ago, Bozothenutter said:

on the subject of circles...

anybody know of a good way to punch out rings?

I've been thinking for making something rotary with inserts to use with my RP punch and die set.

Also, how to find the center on a disc too small to use a center finder?

Depends on the size. My Cricut will cut larger rings all day long, for smaller rings you can slice tube or wind wire

Will

• Thanks 1