DSC-0825-Dx-O.jpg

DSC-0826-Dx-O.jpg

DSC-0827-Dx-O.jpg

DSC-0828-Dx-O.jpg

DSC-0830-Dx-O.jpg

DSC-0831-Dx-O.jpg

DSC-0832-Dx-O.jpg

• Like 13

Good looking kit. May have to get a few. Have the old Revell kit from a few years back. Not overly a fan of that kit. So with interest, I'll grab a seat and watch.

Good luck on your build

All The Best

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 2

Your engine is fantastic. The flory wash high lights the details. I did by 2 kits from an overseas shop. The sites I use here in the US were out of stock. My plan is to use one and a Revell/Monogram UH-1C Huey Hog for a riverine diorama 69 to 71 time frame, Vietnam USS Harnett County LST. The Huey and Choctaw on the deck. That is the plan.

So, so far so good on your build. Fantastic work.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

Edited by f111guru
  • Like 1

Try rubbing some graphite from a lead pencil on the exhaust stacks- everything you have done so far looks very, very good! Too big for me, but I do have two 1/72  Italeri kits, so I will watch what you do and see if I can come close to it! Can't wait to see the finished model!

Mike

38 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

Try rubbing some graphite from a lead pencil on the exhaust stacks- everything you have done so far looks very, very good! Too big for me, but I do have two 1/72  Italeri kits, so I will watch what you do and see if I can come close to it! Can't wait to see the finished model!

Mike

Great ideal . 

Fantastic looking interior. It's great how you use the flory washes to generate different tones with different angles presented in your images.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, f111guru said:

Fantastic looking interior. It's great how you use the flory washes to generate different tones with different angles presented in your images.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

Thank you . I agree 

DSC-0955-Dx-O.jpg

DSC-0956-Dx-O.jpg

DSC-0957-Dx-O.jpg

DSC-0958-Dx-O.jpg

DSC-0960-Dx-O.jpg

• Like 12

I need some advice , I just don't understand  in manual 

thanks 

Rick 

Manual 6 and 7 says Used for Bent-leg

8 and 9 says Used for V-leg

Which do I use or does it matter ? 

I am building the red Antarctica Helicopter 

7.jpg

8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Rick,

I'm out there also. I looked on the instructions for the 2 kits I purchased and are not like yours. My step 5 and 6 are like your step 6 and 7 and do not have the step 8 and 9. Only thing I've seen in my reference photos is the German S-58 has a single leg and strut which look heavy duty. After looking at my reference photos, I went duh, visited the USS Midway a few years back.

IMG_4076

Notice the right lower leg. It's single and heavy duty. So, if your reference photos show the V leg it's referring to the lower leg. Here is another angle, the left gear.

IMG_4089

And head-on

IMG_4087

This shot shows the so called bent leg. Slight bend out of the fuselage. Hope this helps. Now I have to see if both gear legs are in the 2 different kits I have to represent the H-34 that is on the USS Harnett County. It has the single leg as in these photos.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great references there @Corsairfoxfouruncle. Lots of details in those pictures. I guess the question would be. Which serial numbered bird are you going to model. Are the reference photos show the style of landing gear. Now, to throw the monkey wrench in the works is if there are 2 photos for one serial number helicopter in different time frames with both styles of landing gear. Sounds confusing but not really. I've run across this researching for the LST diorama. Where I have photos of one UH-1B in 3 different paint schemes in different years. So if you can find photos of the helicopter serial number that the kit provides would be a plus. Or if you have decal numbers to create your own serial numbered helicopter.

Isn't modelling fun. One reason I have so many different decal sets.

All The Best

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 2