***finished***Italeri B-58 99p plus postage

Many moons ago in far of age of 2017 I attempted an Italeri B-58 for the prototypes GB, which due to frustations of trying to covert the wing doors into the up configuration ended up going at mach 2 into the bin. Fast forward to the following summer when I saw on ebay one for 99p start bid with a few quid postage sans canopy, I put fair few quid bid on, and several days later I won it for the 99p start. Made a start on it in the autum but other builds prompted it to go in a box. Was going to a WHIF in Vietnam camo but now having learned to brush paint NMF its going to be as such.  Lot of work to be done to sort those gear bay doors out. 

51182280250_88264e9b8e_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Hi Stu and welcome to the GB. Looks like you have an interesting build in prospect. Looking forward to seeing it underway.

Kind regards,

Stix

• 1 month later...

And it’s decal ready, had quite a problem with blending in the rear of the canopy, and the nose bay plastic collapsed under finger pressure so had to be removed and replaced with plasticard and blended in. Only slight problem now is the red lettering for the tail serial, experience of home printed red wasn’t great on grey let alone black paint….

51377111030_fc9e2e0ae7_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 4

Tail numbers printed, see how they go on later, printed so many spares as my printer will only print on a complete row so if the decalpaper is going to be wasted, might as well use it for spares just in case, and might be useful if have to put several on to get the solid colour 

51379225606_52e4625bc9_b.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Stu. Lovely progress again and I'm looking forward to seeing it with the decals on. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers had hoped to get them on this afternoon but events stopped that, but did get the pitot probe on and painted as well as a electronic lump from the spares box, figure if the hustler had stayed in service long enough to ware camo might have for some kind of upgrade  

• PhantomBigStu changed the title to ***finished***Italeri B-58 99p plus postage