P 38G Lightning. (1/48 Tamiya)

Latest off the bench is the fantastic Tamiya P38 in the markings of, 339 FS, 347 FG, 13 AF, Guadalcanal April 1943.

Totally OOB. Well what can you say about this kit other than it's one of the best.. Some very interesting ways of construction. It's as if with each new kit Tamiya try something new out. A first for me anyway were the decals with a mirror finish to be used on the undercart as polished metal. also on the engine nacelles.

Please feel free to comment etc. 

Thanks for looking

Dick

DPP_0000

DPP_0001

DPP_0002

DPP_0003

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

Agreed, this was easily the best kit I put together so far and I'd encourage anyone to ad it to their collection! Yours is clean a whistle, mine is battered and dirty - nice to have a comparison! excellent job.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gidge said:

Very nice. The P38 had some real character. 

How beginner friendly would you say this kit is? 

Very ... just take it slowly and carefully. Worst part is getting a soft edge to the camouflage . 

Dick

• Like 1

Dick this is superb! How did you get the soft edge to the cammo?

i recently bought this kit and I've seen the dirty example too. Yes agree it's a nice comparison. The reviews of this kit were exceptional, which is why I spent the extra money on it. Looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing this

Andy

9 hours ago, Col Walter E Kurtz said:

Dick this is superb! How did you get the soft edge to the cammo?

i recently bought this kit and I've seen the dirty example too. Yes agree it's a nice comparison. The reviews of this kit were exceptional, which is why I spent the extra money on it. Looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing this

Andy

Hi Andy,

I cut out the camo. shape in paper and attached it with little rolls of tamiya tape so it stood proud of the model surface then sprayed at 90 degrees to this .  I would do a dummy run first on some old bits.

HTH

Dick

Edited by jenko
  • Thanks 1