A Tribute build 1:32 Hawker Tempest V NV-728 "US-X" 56 Punjab Squadron - April 1945. My uncle's aircraft - Sgt P C Brown Update - recently discovered gun camera film of him in action!

A very well done model and a wonderful background story to go with it. Many thanks for sharing both with us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

A very well done model and a wonderful background story to go with it. Many thanks for sharing both with us.

My absolute pleasure Sat. Glad you appreciate my efforts and my tribute. cheers! Regards, Andy

Lovely to see this finally finished Andy, and such a great tribute to your uncle,

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

Lovely to see this finally finished Andy, and such a great tribute to your uncle,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger! Worth every minute I spent with on it I think. Pleased it has turned out like it did. A very personal journey and quite an affirming experience too!

Regards, Andy

• Like 1

• Col Walter E Kurtz changed the title to A Tribute build 1:32 Hawker Tempest V NV-728 "US-X" 56 Punjab Squadron - April 1945. My uncle's aircraft - Sgt PC Brown
1 hour ago, Col Walter E Kurtz said:

Only Sorry it's not in your fav scale 😀

That's OK Andy. I must admit though that was why I got left behind in the WiP, so much detail, so little concentration to take it all in. :D  A reason I stick to my chosen scale, nonetheless, the big scale builds can often reveal useful info for us little scale guys so I do intend to revisit your WiP before long. :)

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A wonderful model has emerged from your efforts and research,  I am sure your Uncle and your Dad would be proud of this lovely model.  You have done a great job on, not only the model, but the  research too, and this has taken you and us on a fantastic journey via your WIP. 

Thanks for sharing

Chris 

• Thanks 1

Hallo Andy, 

a very thoughtful story and a very nice tribute to your uncle. I am sure he would be very proud! It is not often that someone has such an amazing story behind the model. So you also can very proud of your model and all your finest research! 
All the best and thx for sharing!

Andy 

• Thanks 1

Andy, aka.......Col. Kurtz, what an OUTSTANDING presentation.  You brought the Tempest kit to life with the accompanying story.  Well done my friend!!!!! :worthy:

Mike 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Murewa said:

What an amazing build and story ... so wonderfully told! Thank you!!!!  👏👏

Thank you so much. Lest we forget ... the people behind the models !  I felt honoured to be able to do this build to such a personal level. lucky to have found the historical documents which tell the story of Uncle Peter and have some family pictures to add to  illustrate the story. 

Regards, Andy

3 hours ago, Gidge said:

Magnificent job mate. Hlad to see you've brought this one to completion. Your uncle would be honoured

Thank you mate! Nice to think I could bring my uncle's story to a wider and very appreciative audience! I got a lot of positive feedback and help during this build from BM members. It made all the difference and helped me cope with my Dad's recent passing by giving me something to focus on! 

Regards, Andy 

4 hours ago, LiamA said:

Thanks for sharing this great story !  Very nice build.  Liam.

Cheers Liam! Not every day we can tell a personal family story like this. I'm lucky and hope I did it justice! 

thank you

Regards, Andy

7 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

Hallo Andy, 

a very thoughtful story and a very nice tribute to your uncle. I am sure he would be very proud! It is not often that someone has such an amazing story behind the model. So you also can very proud of your model and all your finest research! 
All the best and thx for sharing!

Andy 

thanks Andy. I'm indebted to your personal local knowledge for some of the background too. cheers

Regards, Andy

7 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

Andy, aka.......Col. Kurtz, what an OUTSTANDING presentation.  You brought the Tempest kit to life with the accompanying story.  Well done my friend!!!!! :worthy:

Mike 

mike you are too kind! 😊 I like the kit even more now it's finished. I have a BM member who has a blog and I hcan pen they will include the story so will start this process soon.

Cheers,

Regards, Andy

• Like 1