RAF T-65 X-Wing Fighter T.1 - Central Flying School FINISHED

Okay, so the base kit here is one of the budget Revell models you see everywhere, the 1:112 (!) scale X-Wing Fighter. I've built this kit a few times before and I'm currently painting a Bandai X-Wing, so the last thing I wanted to do was another standard paint scheme. I had a dig and found some decals from a 1:72 Airfix Folland Gnat trainer that I messed up, so I'll be using some of those, but I'll be painting it in the older colour scheme of silver and bright orange, which I've always loved. And I figure if you're going to train someone in a high-tech craft like an X-Wing, the instructor will probably be remote or a droid.

Anyway, here's the obligatory sprue shot.

spacer.png

Edited by moviedrone
edit title - finished
  • Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

A bit more on the striping and the laser cannons - need to tidy up some of the yellow, particularly at the front end, and look at what to do with the stripes under the wings. But happy with progress.

spacer.png

• Like 7

Thanks!

To be honest, I think we're done on the painting. Am not going perfect on the inner striping as it'll be weathered a bit anyway, have added some Vallejo Jet Exhaust to the thrusters and engine bits. Think I'll let it dry for a bit and then seal it for decals.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by moviedrone
forgot second image
  • Like 2

• moviedrone changed the title to RAF T-65 X-Wing Fighter T.1 - Central Flying School FINISHED
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Moviedrone. That really did turn out beautifully! Excellent result!! Very well done.

Thank you for building it in this GB.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...