Nissan 300ZX Turbo

Hi All,

I have had this one on the back-burner for a long time. I thought that I had already started a thread on this, but it appears that I hadn't...

y4mcdtgiN0PdM60bbCpNPWYIW4Nt77fS6ArxsJ8y

I have had this kit for a very long time.

The engine and transmission were already made and I didn't take any pictures. I chose to paint it yellow, thus:

y4mJaqMluUEyRZANFd1U5RLMbUgWqEiH_XUW4auB

Here is the body, floor and bonnet (hood) clear coated as well. I used Zero Paints yellow (Similar to X-8 according to the bottle).

I use ZP 1K clear coat diluted further with Mr Color Levelling thinners. Takes more coats, but I get a very good finish.

The bonnet suffered a disaster that nearly ended up me chucking the think in the bin,,,

I had just laid down the final 'wet' coat on the bonnet and was moving it to a better place to cure, when the bugger decided to drop itself onto the floor. However, in my panic to stop this =, I grabbed the part hoping to catch it before disaster struck, planting my thumb on the newly sprayed clear coat! After much cussing and ranting, I waited until the coat was set and sanded back the coat to get a smooth finish.

I re-primed the damaged bit, re-painted that re-primed bit and re-clear coated it. It's not perfect, but it doesn't show too much, except under a magnifying glass. It's not show=good, but good enough.

y4m1dE_k1UvHzJifFU75jn2XcsP6XgmgZMmxrW9k

y4m_h9z9PPrFy0V8wjWp42g3lx1T0ko37nJn0U18

Front suspension.

y4m2L1JdaEGCfKuCs8V0p47OBEnuVVuFwP30o9Gn

engine installed.

y4muc5sqPnwkYuCHrmR6PljACo-ZJ7b7B_qad7YI

From underneath,,,

As is usual for Tamiya Kits, the fit is extremely good and generally simple.

y4mYMDC1I9jjoX6cz39YTn9nIQBGjZvINjXRn2Hu

Transmission and rear suspension fitted. Again, a simple installation.

y4mPRUdb60AZ__ICU5gNp3LmtEpkcWQQLTa96aEL

From the side. A bit blown out...

That's where it currently stands, more to come.

Thanks for looking,

Alan.

Edited by Alan R
Extra story added
  • Like 4

Looks like you;ve made a very good start to this one.

I think we've all been there with something bad happening to a nice wet coat of paint like you had with your bonnet. For me, it was an unexpected sneeze which came out of nowhere and blasted the side of my 959...

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Spiny said:

For me, it was an unexpected sneeze which came out of nowhere and blasted the side of my 959...

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry. In the end, laughter it was.... :)

Cheers, Alan.