Land Rover Tactical Command Post (Carawagon) 1/24th

The west wing

Hi,

I'm looking to build a model of an Carawagon I owned after it was discharged from Army service. When I purchased it I did not realize how rare a vehicle it was, mine was from the last batch of built for the Britsh Army in 1984. When I sold it on I gave the new owner the history I had discovered.

So the plan is to build something from my past, I think in 1/24th as the largest scale I can get for a base 109" series. The Italeri Fire truck looks the best bet for a base vehicle.

My question is are there any accessories available in 1/24 to help the build, I'm thinking of camo nets, tow hooks and if possible the Goodyear tyres.

Here is a photo of the vehicle, please excuse the tyres!

y4mao2bGKXh5zZZWavoYxH8fbYTiUSxRjXErmrrH

Built one of these a few years ago using the esci version of the Land Rover the kit had a nato hook the rest was scratch build . Sh has a full interior.. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

Most of the woven 1/35 cam nets are overscale and would work for 1/24.  But it isn't a common scale for military bits.

While it's an expensive option you might consider cross-kitting a hardtop kit with the patrol/recce kit.  That comes with appropriate tyres, double front bumper, rear bumperettes etc.

Kit Form Services have 1/24 British jerrycans.  It might be worth enquiring of them whether they would sell you any appropriate parts from their S3 ambulance kit.

Surprisingly Shapeways don't seem to do anything at all in 1/24

• Like 1

On 15/05/2021 at 21:32, Das Abteilung said:

Kit Form Services have 1/24 British jerrycans.  It might be worth enquiring of them whether they would sell you any appropriate parts from their S3 ambulance kit.

Just ordered Jerrycans and wheels, KFS very helpful,  Das Abteilung thanks for pointing me in the right direction.