For a BM member who asked what my recent expensive FS hardware purchase was

One 48

Didn't want to impact further on the guys FS sale thread, so made this one separate.

Basically I had an impulse buy reaction and bought and imported from USA to UK a Realsim Gear GNS430 and GNS530 bundle with display stand, looked at the dollar price and roughly calculated to £'s but had not factored in import fee's and delivery method I'd chosen, so a £600 is bundle with separate air shipping and separate import charge that Fed Ex hit me with pushed this bundle close to £800 ish ... gulp, just as well I'm single, huh? :) Fed Ex were emailing me, pay this fee or we only keep it 5 days ... not joking!

So coughed up and blew my Scale model kit budget for the month and next month too, damn :) It was amazing quick delivery though as you would expect from US to UK N Scotland ... will pay attention to small print in future and cheaper deliver options.

Its here now and am quite happy, nice gear though, very pleased ... oh, also had to go buy a US to UK power adapter from Amazon for this, should have thought of that too :) its not fun growing old and having senior moments like that :)

rA2zDx8.jpg

A9Hg3lc.jpg

idbypuS.jpg

Wee look at my current ever evolving Flight Sim desk, no room for scale modelling on this of course, its a separate but related hobby and a work in progress as many of my builds are too :) My Scale models get built in another room.

I have a structured plan and one day, it will all be very modular and quickly swappable for different types of Flight Simulations, from WW1 era to modern Jet combat and Civilian flight sim I enjoy too, so excuse the desk mess, its a WIP.

Get a lot of enjoyment out of this ... oh, excuse wiring mess and desktop clutter, its all temporary ... quite disabled now, but one of my friends will be round shortly once Covid safe to tidy away the under desk cables I tried to do in a cable tidy tray.

Quite often scale model building inspires me to go to my flight sim set up and also it can inspire me to go research real aircraft and purchase a kit as well, its all a win situation for me.

8JLTB90.jpg

9HR0R6U.jpg

MdW3arr.jpg

TNOjrFG.jpg

5DKlbL3.jpg

3HyK8hJ.jpg

• Like 4